UBE Submitted To Server - Waiting

jdeakv

jdeakv

Hi All,
I am facing a problem with my UBE jobs. Whenever I submit the UBE to the server, the jobs are never executed. When I checked in "Work with server" application, all the jobs are in "W" status. They are not getting executed.

What could be the problem. Your valuable suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,
AK

Are they WAITING in a right Queue? - just one idea, it could be because of any one of a hundred different reasons...

Regards,
Alex.

Your post does not say what your configuration is. But, if your ES is an
AS/400, you may have reached the maximum number of members in your
PRINTQUEUE file. See document OTI-01-0112 for instructions to set up the
purge job.

Xe, SP 19.1_E1, Update 6, ES=AS/400 V5R1, CO=AS/400, Thick & Citrix Clients

Usually, they are waiting for one of two reasons.

1). They are in a single/few threaded queue and other jobs are running in the queue - causing jobs to stack behind them

2). A job was terminated outside of Edwards (green screen) and edwards doesn't know that it is doa... jobs will stack behind it, waiting for the edwards to know that the job completed and can submit the next job.

db

This happened to me a few times in B7332 on Win NT4.
Our problem was mainly due to limited memory on our enterprise server (Which held our SQL DB too.). When a user deleted a job that was hung up in processing, then the subsequent jobs would stay in waiting. I stop and start the JDE queue service on the enterprise server and it gets things going again. If other queues are processing jobs, then best to wait until they are done before doing this.

We have upgraded our server and have not had this problem since.

There are a lot of different causes for this symtom, but this is the only one I have experienced other than the service not being started at all, or the queue not existing.

KD.

Yes this is a new installation. We are able to run the reports locally, but when we submit it to the server, it never gets executed. It is in the wait status.

Re: RE: UBE Submitted To Server - Waiting

If it's not something simple, it will need looking at - you can hardly troubleshoot over e-mail...

My guess is that you'll need to get somebody to look at this issue for you, preferably on-site.

Regards,
Alex.

Hi,
Some of the areas you need to check:
1) Is the Queues properly configured in the jde.ini on the ES
2) Queues created in the database
3) Queue specified for startup in the RunOneWorld.sh script? Are there
any errors when starting RunOneWorld.sh script?
4) Did a UBE ever run successfully on the ES?
5) Are there any jobs in 'S' state, if yes then delete these jobs
6) Are you using the default QB7333 queue?

Check above questions and give answers to others, perhaps someone may
help resolve your problem otherwise you need to follow Alex's advise.

Kind regards and I hope you resolve your problem,
Gopal
OWXe (U7 DEVL)/(U1 PROD), SP20/S1, Oracle 9.2.0.3, Solaris 8

Yes this is a new installation. We are able to run the reports locally,
but when we submit it to the server, it never gets executed. It is in
the wait status.
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=57895

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World« / XE mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards«

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

NOTICE: Please note that this e-Mail, and the contents thereof, is subject to the standard Smiths e-Mail disclaimer which may be found at:
http://www.smiths.co.za/disclaimer.htm

If you cannot access the disclaimer through the URL attached and you wish to receive a copy thereof please send an e-Mail to [email protected]

Re: RE: UBE Submitted To Server - Waiting

I don't know anything about Sun, but is the UBE kernel running on that server? Has the password of the database Security user been changed since the jobs were submitted? Have you checked the log of the UBE kernel to see if there are any errors? Have you tried putting the jdedebug on?

Back