Printing Locally using WTS

SULLY1

VIP Member
When logged onto the terminal server there is no option to select LOCAL when running a UBE after overriding the location. Does anyone know how to fix this? I found a document on the KG that said you could not do it if the TS was a thin client but this machine is a fat client. We are not using Citrix. Any suggestion? I noticed with looking at the logical data sources that local is considered an access database. Could it be that access needs to be installed on the terminal server?

Patty

LOCAL is filtered out when using TSE (BTW, it's still a Thin Client, even if it doesn't have Citrix loaded).

The only way I found, is change the OCM mapping, then it works. Your OCM can be very detailed - you can map specific UBE's for specific Users in specific Environments.

So if some User needs to run a UBE in an Environment LOCAL'ly all the time, it's a way to go...

Regards,
Alex.

Hello Patty,

just make a copy of your SVR-DS LOCAL to WTSLOCAL. You can select this SVR-DS on your WTS. The BSFN is just looking for LOCAL.
Regards

Herbert

Herbert

Can you elaborate on your solution? Under the logic data sources for B7333 Server map and System - B7333 there is is a LOCAL on the Work with Data Source screen. When you do a copy there is no WTSLOCAL option in the drop down. This is true when I log onto the WTS itself. Thanks.

Patty

There is a tech doc that explains what code changes to make to allow
Local to be listed on WTS servers. Or, you can simply create a new
Logical Data Source named anything you wish..."Pete"...and use the same
parameters that the LOCAL datasource has. The funny thing, is that if
you look at the SQL that is generated when you choose over ride location
when submitting a UBE on a WTS, it simply excludes "LOCAL", so if you
have a datasource set up with all of the settings of LOCAL, but named
"Pete", it will work.

Now personally...I'd make the code change so that LOCAL is available
everywhere.

Regards,

Jim

Patty,
select GH9011, Locaical Data Sources, select your System - B7333, do a find, then select your DS LOCAL and make a copy of this DS - just type WTSLOCAL in the field for te Data Source Name.
Hope it helps

Rgeards

Herbert

Back