OMW promoting rules-demote but not promote

tgore

tgore

Reputable Poster
Is there a way to configure OMW that will allow a user to change the status of a project "downward" but not "upward". We currently go from: 11>21>22>23>26>28>38>01. Once a project reaches 28, I only want certain users to be able to promote "up" to 38, while another group can demote to 26.

If you have the ability to change the status of a project, can it be restricted with a "from" and "to"?

Hi Tom,
Start in Object Mgmt Configuration (P98230) and click on the Activity Rules button. From there expand on the from status and select it. This will show what users have authority to go to another status. Typically these are set up with *public having access to all movements.
Simply make your restrictrictions here.
Regards,
Dave

I thought the *PUBLIC indicated -whose- (or what) objects to move, not who could move the objects. Could I also use row security on F98220/OMWPS and only allow "38" to a chosen few?

Tom,
*public does refer to the users that are allowed these actions.
Regarding row security, I guess you could but why bother ? Seems that would muddle the issue and make it harder to track what is allowed and what is not allowed.
Dave

Thanks for clearing that up. I think what threw me was a comment in the System Administration XE class workbook for configuring activity rules (bottom of page 165).

NOTE: When you set up transfer activity rules for APPL objects, you must also define rules for UO so that OMW can transfer any *PUBLIC UO for the APPL objects. If you do not do so, APPL objects will not transfer successfully.

This makes it sound like you have to transfer the UO created by everybody (*PUBLIC) for an APPL. If I specify a group (CNCADMIN) on the activity rule and the UOs were created by the group DEVELOPER the UOs would not get transferred.

HEY!! Never mind my last commet. I was looking in the wrong place (duh). I was looking at transfer activity rules, not project activity rules. Now I really understand.

Back