Html generation in SP20

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find some tips to improve our html generation.
So far, each time i deploy an update package i have to do :
- make a list of all the objects in the package
- install the package on our generation machine
- launch the e-generator
- select the options (always the same : got select english, french and spanish langages, and got to select that i want public versions)
- generate each objects of my list.

As i deploy at least one package per day, it's really boring and make me waste a lot of time.

As a consequence, my questions are :
1) Is there a way (parameter in jas.ini or whatever) so that the options (langages, ..) are already selected automatically ?
2) How does the generation works : if i must generate a report, do i need to first generate tables, Views, data structures, .. that are linked to it or is it automatically generated with the reports ?
3) Is Bulk generation a good process ? Is it possible to generate every objects with bulk ? (e.g. there no section in bulk file for data structure ...)
4) Do you know a way (by sql, or other ...) to automatically generate a bulk file from a package name ?

Thanks for you help.
Cheers,

Antoine.
OneWorld System Administrator

Hello Antoine

We have just gone to SP22, it automatically generates a Bulkgen file for the update package in the work directory. It greatly simplifies the generate process.

Hi Gerard,

SP22 seems nice for generation, but unfortunately, it's not planed for us to upgrade SP20 to SP22 ... Too risquy for my boss :)

Cheers,

Antoine.

Back