Date Format issues on Citrix TS

bloxsoa

Greetings All,
Was just wondering if anyone knew any reasons why and solutions for when were are running 3 seperate Terminal Servers and one particular T.S has decided to change the date format in OneWorld to MM/DD/YY instead of DD/MM/YY? Which is how it is setup in the T.S's Control Panel and for the users OneWorld profile.

Thanks,
Andrew Bloxsom
JDE CNC Administrator
Nationwide News GIT & T

OneWorld SP 11.3 Oracle 8i
Terminal Server: Windows NT Citrix Metaframe 1.8 SP3

Phone: +612 9288-1483
Email: [email protected]

Hi Andrew

I noticed the .au in your email address, and wondered whether this is why you have not received any replies to this post, as it is probably not a big issue for those who use MM/DD/YY.

I hope I have interpreted your question correctly, so here goes:

We have had issues with terminal servers and control panel date formats. We found that we needed to setup a "default user" on each terminal server that has the correct date formats.

We did this by:
1. log onto the terminal server as a dummy user who has no batch script (and therefore no "mapped" network drives).
2. go into control panel and change the date settings to "Australian" formats.
3. log out of the terminal server.
4. log onto the terminal server as administrator
4. delete the contents of the "C:\documents and settings\default user" directory
5. copy the contents of the "C:\documents and settings\dummy user" directory to the "C:\documents and settings\default user" directory
6. delete all c:\documents and settings\... folders except "all users", "administrator", "default user".

(I hope I've given you all the required steps - but regardless I would take a backup of anything you change first)

The next time a user logs on to the terminal server, a new profile is created for them with the correct date settings.

We still set up all user profiles in OneWorld with DMY formats as well.

By the way, when we setup the default user, we also take it as an opportunity to turn off the splash screen for acrobat, turn off auto update for acrobat, plus a few other things that we like "all users of JDE" to have.

Hope this helps. If not, please email me directly as I am not good at keeping up with the JDELIST posts at the moment as I am in the middle of an upgrade to ERP8.

Cheers
Ian
[email protected]

Back