different security for environment and upgrade

CHo

VIP Member
Hi. I'm thinking about customizing OneWorld security so that each environment will have its own set of security table. I want to have PY open and lock down PD.

My concern is that it will make the upgrade more difficult.

Has anyone run into difficulties upgrading different sets of security tables?

Are there any other issues that I should be concern about?

Thanks.

C Ho,
Sure sounds like a lot of work. Why not create some test profiles that have all authority for use only in the PY environment ?
Regards,
Dave

C Ho, you can copy the Security Table F00950 to a different place, like Business Data, and then point OCMs to the respective tables for each environment.
This way you will have different security setup in every environment. No need to customize much, just use OW's flexibility.

Gerd

I created the copied security table as was suggested and have had no system issues. You do have to remember to update the security workbench for each environment whenever you make a change.

I hadn't thought about upgrades and whether we would have problems because we have two copies of the table. ERP8 upgrade should not be affected since no big security changes occurred. The ERP9 upgrade may pose a problem. For that upgrade I might delete the CRP copy and put the OCM's back until after the upgrade, then re-copy the table.

Back