BSVW Generation

Pon

Well Known Member
I checked out a custom business view, modified it, and attempted to generate the new view when I got the following error message: "The Business View you are trying to generate does not exist on your client". It seems that the OMW program (P9860A) is possibly choking where the B98220A BSFN is called (OMW Set Attribute/OMW Maintain Object). Also, my debug log looks fine until the last two lines:

Entering JDB_OpenView(View=V55100)
Exiting JDB_OpenView(View=V55100) With Failure

Any ideas?

AS/400 co-existence, Xe, SP20

Thanks,

Now I'm not able to connect to the Object Librarian to test a form I just created! Just found out that they upgraded the Security system on the 400 to PowerLock (used to have PentaSafe installed). Me thinks PowerLock is not set up properly for the OW groups as this particular client isn't fully converted to OneWorld yet (i.e., users still use World to do all production work).

Update: Security has been fixed and I'm able to get to the Object Librarian. However, I'm still left with my original BSVW error. Not only can I not regen the view but, the custom application will not run on my fat client because it cannot find the view on my machine. This only occurs on my machine (I've signed on elsewhere and have no problems making BSVW changes to the same view). So, there's a corruption somewhere on my machine. Now, how to find it?

Love this Software!!
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: BSVW Generation

Librarian. However, I'm still left with my original BSVW error. Not only
can I not regen the view but, the custom application will not run on my fat
client because it cannot find the view on my machine. This only occurs on
my machine (I've signed on elsewhere and have no problems making BSVW
changes to the same view). So, there's a corruption somewhere on my
machine. Now, how to find it?

Are you running the same package as the other clients that were able to regen the view? If your specs are corrupt, you may have problems.
Here are some ideas I have:

- Check the jde.log - it sometimes hold clues.
- Are you able to check the object out?
- Try it after re-installing your fat client. This will re-deploy any specs and objects that may have gotten corrupted.

K.

Thanks for your post.

Yeah, I'm running the same package. And, I'm able to do everything, including check-in/out of objects, other than get my PC to recognize that this BSVW is local (i.e., on the client). I've tried doing a GET from Prod/PY/DV...no dice. Jde log and jdedebug log's I've been through with both yielding no clues. The only failure line I have is the one noted in my original post (Exiting JDB_OpenView with failure).

This is a long shot but it has worked for me in the past.

Highlight the offending BSVW and click on the delete button. Select "Delete object locally" and okay. Then re-checkout (I am assuming it has been checked in before) the object.

Thanks,
Melissa

Back