Need help. FAILOVER! All BSFNs mapped to KTCSYSBK will now run on the LOCAL machine.

Elizabeth_Ly

Dear List,

I have some troubles with running business fonction on the enterprise server.
In the JDE.Log, I can see a JDENET error = etimeout and C0B0005000 - Failover ! All BSFN mapped to the enterprise server will now run on the local machine.

If I run UBEs on local, everything seems to work correctly.
But couldn't run them on server

I found an similar entry posted on the forum dated back in 2001. But there was no solution posted. Did any one found out the fix for it. Can someone help me with this.

Many thanks in advance.
Elizabeth.

Re: Need help. FAILOVER! All BSFNs mapped to KTCSYSBK will now run on the LOCAL machine.

Hello elizabeth,

check your mapping for the Apps-server. Is there an aktiv mapping for BSFN? If yes , inactivate it - you should not have any mappings for BSFN on your apps-servers
Regards
Herbert

Re: Need help. FAILOVER! All BSFNs mapped to KTCSYSBK will now run on the LOCAL machine.

Elizabeth,
if there is a JDENET timeout your JDE services are probably down on your ES or it's a network issue. The fact that UBEs do not run as well indicates the same.

When a BSFN cannot run on the locig server where OCM points to (for example in case of timeout), during that client session all subsequent BSFNs will be run locally. That's normal procedure. UBEs, however, will continue trying to run on the ES in such a case.

Look at your ES's JDE services.

Gerd

Elizabeth

It seems that nothing is running correctly on your Enterprise Server. Neither UBE's nor Business Functions.

First of all - could you please put your configuration into your signature so we know what platform you are running.

Secondly - in the Installation guide for your platform, there is a section that talks about troubleshooting services on your enterprise server - did you go through these steps ?

In effect, once you start up your network services (or run STRNET or RunOneWorld.sh) - try to telnet to your machine on the correct port.

For example, on Xe - (if your machine name is "APPSVR") - from the command prompt of a client - try
TELNET APPSVR 6009
of course on ERP 8.0 it would be 6010. If it connects - you should receive a bunch of characters like this
☺VÿVÿÇ☺-32702☺
That means your listener is working. If not - then the JDENet section is incorrect in your JDE.INI on the server

Then, try to run porttest. This is usually started as follows (from the command prompt on the server in the BIN32 or B7334SYS directory/library)
PORTTEST {username} {password} {environment}

eg
PORTTEST JDE JDE DV7333
[4] 00058851 702000
[3] 00058860 00
[2] 00058886 3500000
[1] 00058886 5280000
[0] 00058915 00
Total number of rows printed = 99.

Calling DataDictionary Validation function,...
Data Dictionary Validation Succeed for "CO 00001".

Closing table F0902,...
Closed table F0902.

Freeing user JDE,...
Freed user JDE successfully.

Cleaning up environment DV7333,...
Cleaned up environment DV7333 successfully.

Congratulations! Porttest completed successfully.

All Done!

As can be seen, this should return 99 rows from the data dictionary - and identifies that OneWorld can indeed connect to the database correctly.

If this does not work - then you have database connectivity issues. This could either be your [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] in your server JDE.INI - or it would be the database client installed on the enterprise server. Make sure that if you have Oracle, your TNSNAMES.ORA works by connecting through SQLPLUS - or if you have an intel machine running SQL, that your ODBC configuration is accurate (it MUST be machine-based ODBC connections). Lastly, if you are running an Intel platform - make sure that whatever user is attempting to run the services is correctly set up.

These are the steps I go through to ensure that services are running. I hope that works for you.

Thank you everyone, specially Jon for responding to my problems with BSFN/UBEs not running on the server. Except for PD7333 (fortunately) which has been running all these time, other environments still are not working.
Sorry I didn't post the config: OW XE SP2, ES: AS/400s - 2 enterprises: primary running PD7333 and, secondary running PY7333, DV7333.

- I don't have a BSFN Default record mapped to server on the OCM server map. Like everyone said, we should have this in the first place.

- Other suggested to increase the JDENET time at server.ini, we have not change the ini all these tiime, and it's always been set maxNetConnections=800. Is this the config number ?

Jon,
I tried your suggestion, and I found out the PORTTEST failed
on the secondary machine that runs PY7333 and DV7333.
Nevertheless, I can sign on to PY733 or DV7333 and execute interactive appl like P01012 and change infor in the appl. So, could this still be my database connect???

I am still waiting for JDE support to review the logs, they have not get back to me at all.

I really need help. Thank you everyone in advance for your assistance.

Help, help, help! Please.

Back