Objects From B7333 to B7334

sunnyind

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I have a requirement where I have to Transfer objects from B7333 setup to B7334 setup. Bith are two distinct setups.
Is there any way that I can transport the objects from B7333 to B7334.
I have tried with product packaging, but it doesn't work. On trying to apply it says it is meant for B7333 and not for B7334.

Any Ideas....
Thanks in advance

Hi Sunny,
How did you classify the project when it was created ? There is an entry for release number. I can't be sure since I am not using multiple releases, but I had asumed that this was what it was for.
Regards,
Dave

I recommend Boomerang for this.

You can e-mail me for more details...

Regards,
Alex.

Are the installs at the same location?? If so, you could just create an upgrade plan and run the spec merge only.. Make sure you backup everything first...

Let us know how you accomplish this, ok?

Hi List,

There is a tool ViceVersa by which I am able to port all objects but not NER..When I try to get the NER (BSFN), the event rule is empty
Any idea..
Please help

Every now and again this question pops up. Back in 1999 I worked with a guy in Germany who pioneered a GATS technique called Object Transfers between Instances, this technique is sadly not available on the KG any more. However it works like this:

You have to pursuade B7333 that it has a new PathCode and environment called (for example) DV7334. You create all DataSources within B7333 to point to the B7334 instance and define your PathCode and environment to match these DataSources and Deployment Servers\Shares etc. You tell it that the release is B7333.

In the OCM you configure all of the tables except the system DataSource to point to the new DV7334 Environment. Then by using OL via the JDE.INI hack or setting up rules in OMW you transfer the objects across. Its quick to set up, very easy and it works fine, I have used it many times in the past, although the last time was a couple of years back to transfer B7332 to B7333 objects, and I made sure that this was for custom objects only.

Hope this helps

Paul

Hi,
The latest version has that problem resolved. Please contact viceversa support to get the latest version emailed to you.

Back