Data selections bypassed

peterban

peterban

Reputable Poster
Hi Guys!

I am very very baffled. An old client phoned me last night in desperation - they are running the invoice print R42565 and all of a sudden its not using the data selections and so produces a report for ALL orders - but no update is done to the status (NXTR).

I went through all the processing options (they were OK), the data selections (they were OK), we ran locally (same results), did a get - same results.

Other programs run OK e.g. pick notes etc

I think it may be the view has got corrupted - but Im beyond my technical knowledge - Help!

Any suggestions greatfully accepted !!

Peter

Regenerating the View sounds like a good thing to try. I'd also try rebuilding the Indices on the table.

Peter,
some time ago something similar happened to me. A client had processed a UBE
apparently ignoring the data selection. In that case great damage had been
done. The user was blamed, but it made no sense.
I then saw reports of other occurrences of this same kind of behavior on the
List.

If indeed OW loses, or ignores, data selections occasionally, it is a great
potential danger!

Keep us informed if you find something concrete!

Gerd

B732 - ERP8, Unix, Windows, Oracle, SQL, WTS, JAS

Peter,

A long shot, but did anyone at the client recently modify R42565, its version, template, or business view(s)?

Guys,
there has been NO changes to any of this - last time ANY change was done was several weeks ago and its been working since then.

I have spoke to them again and there is some new....over last weekend there was a power spike - they raided so it built the disk back no problem.....
BUT now a disk has gone completely .....argh (or some other word !) was what the IT Manager said!
JDE and a BP are trying to help but they are baffled as well.
Interestingly pristine refuses to install on any PC, CRP looks like it works (perfectly) so the fall back is to copy all the data back to PY and run it as production....takes time but it will work.
Not sure what to do with PRD - even a brand new version didnt work as someone else suggested creating a new version (OMW add NOT BV copy!)....

If we were to try to recreate/rebuild the view - what would we have to do ?

Many thanks for the help so far !

Best regards

Peter

Peter,

As long as there haven't been any changes to the BSVW, just try promoting the view through OMW from PY7333 and build an update package. See if that works.

Ralph

Hi guys,

Thanks to all those who responded to this mail and directly to the client!

Looks like this has been resolved and so Im posting the resolution as its one that could happen to any of us...

==========================================
.........was working with the system today and discovered that the F42565, a temporary table, was not being refreshed
Apparently, when the invoice/order ack routines run, the first business view populates this table with all orders at the correct status. It also tags those lines to identify which records have been added during the current print routine.
When the print routine finishes, the last job is to purge the temp file of all records associated with the last job.

Now, in our case it looks like something may have interrupted the process (such as a disc failure ??) and it never got to purge the file. Therefore, leaving records with a tag that would never again be requested for purge.

Solution...

In PD7333, add the F42565 object into an omw project, enter design mode and then generate the table.
All subsequent tests seem to produce the expected results. As this table is server side, it would explain why all clients, even running locally and on different packages builds, experienced these weird effects.
============================================
cheers
Peter

Wow !

I've been telling customers forever to purge the F42565 whenever possible - usually I create a script that runs in Cron - but I never thought it was related to the runaway invoice job !

That sounds like great news - I know many customers will be able to take advantage of this knowledge.

For AS/400 DB2 users - delete all invoice workfile records over 3 days old (this can be therefore run anytime !) with -

delete from testdta/f42565 where iwupmj <
( select (year(current date)-1900)*1000+
(dayofyear(current date) - 3) from sysibm/sysdummy1)

I am positive that Oracle/SQL versions can be adapted from the above !

Hope that helps !

Back