Deployment to fat client failing

vivek_kaushal

Well Known Member
Hi Guys
I am deploying development full package to a fat client. The deployment fails with error message "setup failed! The error reported by operating system is 'The permitted number of files was exceeded' Please run setup again".
This is happening only on one particular pc and I have tried installing package on it multiple no of times with different user ids. We have also disabled the virus scan and change page size limit on the pc. But no success.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Viveck,

Just a shot in the dark here but I once saw this error a long time ago with a non OneWorld install. With Win95, FAT16 had limit of 512 objects that could reside at the root of C:/. If you are running a Win2k box, on FAT instead of NTFS, and the user saves everything to C:/, then you could be seeing this same restirction. Although, this is probably unlikely.

Good Luck

Ryan Hunt

Hi Ryan

Thanks for the reply. I was able to fix the problem. I uninstalled JDEdwards client from the pc and reinstalled it.

have you tried to delete the client .ini and then deploy--sometimes this helps...

Back