How to create a custom environemtn

Elizabeth_Ly

I like to create a new envioronment.
This environment is pretty much identical to the PD7333 (production) environment, meaning it's using the same business data, same versions, same central objects, same TAM specs. The only different is there are two tables (f0009 and F0010) where the contents of these tables are different from the business data - PROD.
I can see that I need to create a new environment and create a database data source for these 2 tables and using OCM to map these in the new environment.
But, I don't see why I have to create new path code, new full package.... since the run time objects, central object... will be using the same ones use in the PD7333 environment.
JDE KG has a document on creating both path code and envir,
but, I don't think this is what applicable to our situation.
Have someone done this, and can give me some instruction.

Really appreciate your time and assistance.
Elizabeth
XE, AS/400, SP21 Upd 6

Hello Elizabeth,
I don't think you need a new environment. It is for testing, isn't it? I would create a new user who has a different OCM mapping just for these two tables. It is faster and simpler. It is much easier to support.

Alex
XE, Oracle and Sun

Elizabeth,
in your case, all you have to, is to copy your PD7333 environment to
PD_NEW in the environment master. This will copy all OCMs, the pathcode
remains the same.
Then point OCM for your two tables in PD_NEW to another location, where
ever there are.

Alternatively, if it´s for very few users only, you could create these
two tables mappings for a couple of users only in your regular
environment. So, whenever you log on as LIZ_1 you will see the tables in
Busines Data - PROD, when you log in as LIZ_2 you will see the copies of
theses tables.

In either case, there is no need to create any package!

Good luck, Gerd

B732 - ERP8, Unix, Windows, Oracle, SQL, WTS, JAS

The reason for this new environment is for our finance group. Besides being able to sign on to PD7333, they want to use their own user ID to sign on to this new environment.
The infomation in F0009 and F0010 is different from business data - PROD, to give the the capability to go into prior month while others are in current month (during business hours).
This is why we need to create a new environment.

But, thanks for the suggestion about create a new user id with diff OCM mapping, that is a good thought.

Back