How to make changs for manual payments

budLL

Well Known Member
Hi List,

Here is the situation we had recently. User entering voucher with maual payment. after they close the Enter voucher window, the payment status was set to P (paid). before posting this batch, user noticed that the amount was wrong, they need to make changes. however, first, they can't change the amount; and secondly, they can't delete the voucher. I tried myself, and every time got an error message saying, Voucher Not Eligible for Deletion.
Is this due to the Processing Optio setting?
How can user make changes to amounts? it seems it's a very normal situation.

thank you for any help.

Hi Bud

If you are using the Payment Without Voucher Match program, you will need to void the cheque before changing or deleting the voucher. Use P0413M to void the cheque. It also gives you an option to void the voucher in here as well.

Regards
Marty

Hi Marty,

After void the voucher and payment, we still can see the batch header with a pending status. can we delete the batch header? How?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Bud

No, do NOT delete it. You should change the status of the batch header to "A" (approved) then post the batch. You can do this through the journal review program P0011. It is not very good practice to delete batch headers. You should always put them to "A" status and run the post program over them. If there are no transactions which need to be posted, then R09801 will put the status to posted. If there are no transactions left in the batch, then R09801 will delete the batch header for you. In your situation, because you have voided transactions, if the batch was posted when you performed the void, there will be G/L entries within the batch that need to be posted.

Regards
Marty

budLL,
You need to reverse the payment, then change the voucher/delete the voucher.

budLL <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi List,Here is the situation we had recently. User entering voucher with maual payment. after they close the Enter voucher window, the payment status was set to P (paid). before posting this batch, user noticed that the amount was wrong, they need to make changes. however, first, they can't change the amount; and secondly, they can't delete the voucher. I tried myself, and every time got an error message saying, Voucher Not Eligible for Deletion. Is this due to the Processing Optio setting?How can user make changes to amounts? it seems it's a very normal situation.thank you for any help.
Bud
OneWorld XE SP 19
Fat Client - Window 2000 SP2.0
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=56730
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World® / XE mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!

World, OW B733X and Xe

Back