Host name not recognized

Pon

Well Known Member
We're running Xe (SP 20) on an AS/400 (V4R5). After the IT department was relocated to a different city we've been having trouble accessing OneWorld. It seems that the host name for the AS/400 is no longer recognized (LPI400). To gain access to OneWorld I have to: 1) change the .INI file (under DB System Setting - Server=LPI400.<company name>.COM and under Security - Security Server=LPI400.<company name>.COM) and, 2) Change all of the ODBC data sources to use LPI400.<company name>.COM. It seems that only the fully qualified name for the 400 works right now (as oppossed to just using the LPI400 host name in the past). The host name IS defined to the AS/400.

Any ideas?!?

Thanks,

Hi
You have to check that your DNS on your new site have defined your AS400 correct.

//Goran

Pon
If you are running the older NT domain structure, you may also need to setup a static WINS entry on your WINS server for single name resolution at the new site. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out the DNS and WINS and post my findings.

Thanks,
Mike

DNS at the new site wasn't set up correctly. Easy fix. Problem solved. Thanks for the speedy replies!

Back