SP22

glbcbc

Has anyone applied SP22? I like what I saw in the web client, just don't want to be the first one to hit a major issue. Anyone have any experience, especially in the AS/400 enterprise server and NT web server arena?

Thanks.

If you go with SP22-C1 or higher you'll probably get SP22 with most of the "bugs" eliminated. However, if you have more specific questions about SP22 than send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I may be able to put you in touch with someone who is running SP22.

I realise that issues raised should have been fixed, but are you aware of any major issues that came with SP22. It is always handy to know problems that are associated with releases.

Hi,

we tested SP22 + C1 - Multiple Foundation - together with update 7 and had no SP issues.
The system was W2K, no Web-Server
Regards
Herbert

We have been SP22 Beta Web for two months and went SP22 GA Web + Enterprise server two weeks ago. We are not in production yet, however there have been no major issues so far. We took SP22 for the Web improvements.

Mike,

Please can you help me. I read that there is a new 'Read Only Reports' feature with SP22. Is this a new type of security, to explain further... Solution Explorer = Security Type A, Application Security = Security Type 3, Action Type Security = Type 1, etc. Does this new Read Only Reports have a new Security type, and if so, what is it. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I read the net change documentation for SP22 and it does mention that the new functionality is implemented via the Security Workbench. I have not seen any other related documentation. I would go into the workbench and look for a new row exit. If there is nothing there, use the flashlight in the workbench grid to see if there is a new value for Type. I'll be putting this on next week, in test, and can help you better then.

Be sure all your users have a default role assigned. If not you will not see any menu's when they log in. That is one thing I found right away. Other then that I haven't seen anything.

Back