UBE's User Name & Password In Clear Text In Job Log

bukosknr

Well Known Member
UBE\'s User Name & Password In Clear Text In Job Log

I had beein complaining a long time to everyone about passwords showing up in the joblog when running UBE's or any JDE job on the AS/400. After installing SP22 I was surprised to find it appears to put the password into a file with long cryptic file name, then the next step it deletes the file. Anyone else have something to add or more information on this?

Nick

Re: UBE\'s User Name & Password In Clear Text In Job Log

I can't remember what we did to get rid of it, but we've had that issue fixed since our install 2 years ago. Same with the PWs showing up on the command line when running a PS command in UNIX.

It has been this way for a LONG time. There is a JDE.INI setting which toggles this behavior, ServerPasswordFile=TRUE makes it stick an encyprted password into a file with a cryptic name which is deleted shortly after the job begins.

Note: The setting is found under the [SECURITY] section in the server JDE.INI file and is ServerPswdFile=TRUE or FALSE

Do a Solution Search on the Customer Connection and find the "Errors and Resolutions for AS400 PORTTEST" solution that references this setting, although it does not define it.

Back