Delete ESU created projects in OMW

JDE4PSI

Can any body recommend me an easy way of deleting all the projects that are created by ESU installation? If I was to go normal way I have to change the role of JDE from originator to PVC Admin and then delete

Ather Iqbal

If you are done with the ESU and it's tested and deployed you can clean them up on the Deployment Server. This will get rid of projects and packages for all environments plus some other things. Log onto the Deployment Server onto the JDE Planner environment. Go into the ESU application. Select the ESU and choose Update Cleanup from the exit bar. Once it's cleanup it will keep record of the ESU but draw a line through it on the grid.

gm

Thank you for your reply.

What I always thought to be better is to apply update to a pathcode from P96470 (ESU Upadte Application) instead of using these Projects created in OMW. That is why I want to delete those Projects. I am not sure if I am right?

Regards,
Ather Iqbal.

There are a couple of theories on this and ways you can get updates to the various pathcodes. If I have an update that contains unmodified objects by our company, I'll apply the update to DV or PY and test. If it passes, I'll just use the ESU application and run it against the PD pathcode. No OMW promotion of the ESU project takes place.

If I have modified objects in the ESU, I'll apply the ESU to DV, create a separate temp project for the modifed objects and retrofit the mods back in. If it's a large ESU, I'll just use the ESU app to apply to PY then advance my temp project to PY.

Grant.

Back