Exit Program Security on AS/400

Wes_D

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I'm looking at implementing Exit Point security to prevent unauthorized users from accessing tables by ODBC from Access and/or any other program other than JDE OneWorld. I'm wondering if anybody implemented it and what the impact was on performance?

Wes

We took a different path, we restricted what could be accessed via the DB user name and password. Exlcuding groups or users from sensative data. But I am not familiar with Exit Point Security, maybe you can shed some light on it for me?

An Exit Program is a user program that the OS calls when a specific function is requested by a user (the program has to be registered and IPL performed). Basically the program controls if the users request can be executed. For example if a user is trying to run this SQL statment: Delete FROM F0911, the OS will pass the user and the statement to your program. Your program can scan the statement and return 0 to grant access or a 1 to deny access.

For more info go to http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm and search on Exit Program

In the file attachment, read chapter 12.

Back