Print Immediate for a single version

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
We want to specify that one particular version of a Unified Batch Engine (UBE) report print immediately.

I thought of a solution using a Visual Basic script (.vbs) and UBEPrint, but the client wants to be able to specify processing options and data selection before launching.

I don't think the client is clear on whether they want this to happen at the server or local, so if there is a solution that will work on either, or on both, I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

We have begged JDE repeatedly to provide a way to specify that a report is to automatically print immediate. When we first started using JDE, we were somewhat stunned to find out that reports DO NOT print automatically, but were totally floored to find out there isn't even a way to FORCE a report to print immediate. There is (or at least was) a SAR for this issue, that we had hoped (via a posting in this forum) other JDE users would sign up for, thus forcing JDE to understand there is a need for this functionality.

Specifically, we send out about 300 Purchase Orders via FAX every day, and sometimes the user neglects to check the "Print Immediate" box, and therefor the FAX doesn't get sent, the order doesn't get placed, and bad things happen.

Our suggestion was that JDE add a column to the default printer table (or use an existing "future use" column) whereby we could specify that a specific UBE version is to automatically check the "Print Immediate" box. Seems like a simple thing to do, but there has not been enough pushing for this by other customers.

I recommend anyone needing or desiring this functionality heavily lobby their JDE contacts, log an issue on the Knowledge Garden, and attend the Technology SIG at Quest Global. If enough people ask, JDE will more than likely listen.

To date, our requests have been treated with respect ("Hey, that sounds like a good idea!") but have not been addressed in any substantive way, but we're just one tiny customer to JDE.

I can offer a scripting solution I had implemented at a few sites... MS SQL or Oracle.

For AS/400 it's a lot more difficult to do...

Please, e-mail me directly for that.

Regards,
Alex.

This comes from JD Edwards. It's a little technical for me, but I thought I'd pass is along.

There is a way to set the Print Immediate flag On per UBE using the API jdelaunchUBEEx. You will code a custom C BSFN to use this API and this will work depending on where you are integrating your UBE's - within your own custom code or existing JDE code.

Can't you specify "Print Immed=YES", make your default printer for everything "QPRINT", then specify a default printer (PRT02 or whatever) for the UBEs & versions?

Back