JDE ... PS .... ORCL ....

vasuvv2300

Now it is Oracle buying Peoplesoft.

We can have a guessing game now. What next???

What is the source of this information? Speculation does not help in these situations.

Where can I see more on this? Is there a web site that has info on Oracle buying PeopleSoft? Thanks.

Oracle Offers to Buy PeopleSoft
June 06, 2003 07:33:00 AM ET

This is CNBC news
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oracle Corp., the world's No. 2 software maker, said on Friday it offered to buy rival PeopleSoft Inc. (PSFT) for $5.1 billion, four days after PeopleSoft offered to buy another rival, J.D. Edwards & Co.

PeopleSoft spokeswoman Kara Wilson said early on Friday she was not aware of the offer by Oracle to acquire PeopleSoft and declined immediate comment on the bid.

Oracle (ORCL) offered to pay $16 a share for PeopleSoft, which represents a 6 percent premium over PeopleSoft's closing price of $15.11 in Thursday Nasdaq trading.

© 2003 Reuters

Back to Breaking News

07:42 ET Oracle to host call this morning to discuss PeopleSoft bid (ORCL) 13.36: Oracle will host a conference call today 8:30 a.m. EDT to discuss the bid. Webcast available at www.oracle.com/investor. Webcast replay available until 6/13. CC will be live via telephone: 719-457-2649. Replay number: 719-457-0820 (Passcode: 684742), available for 24 hours following the conference call.

1400 CET - SAP offers 15 Billion Euros for Oacle/PSFT/JDE congolerate....

A spokesman for SAP says that given its new mega contracts in the gulf it can easily afford this from liquid reserves.

This will ensure that we (SAP) are the only choice for large scale ERP systems - and we can chanrge what we like.

============================================

OK only a joke - but whatever is next ?!?!

Best regards

Peter

If the Oracle deals goes through, Oracle will review the "Peoplesoft-JDE" deal. It's likely that the "Peoplesoft-JDE" merger will not go through if Oracle buys Peoplesoft.

Oracle bid is a hostile bid. It depends if Peoplesoft has a "poison pill" to ward off hostile bid.

I've been wondering about this:

If Oracle buys Peoplesoft...
and Oracle decides *not* to honor the merger with JDE...

Does that mean that JDE doesn't get bought at all?

And it seems likely that JDE had a reason they wanted to sell-- if they don't get bought, will they then go out of business? Yikes!

(Poison pill?)

ok - this news is absolutely ridiculous.

I believe that at the very minimum the executives at JDE should be hung, drawn and quartered. No-one anywhere knows what is going on - Oracle is stating they wouldn't sell PSFT products (hence JDE) and the whole deal is nuts.

It might be that the PSFT-JDEC is off - and JDEC is running around looking for a new suitor - OR it might mean that JDEC is reduced to a tiny division - or what ?!?!?!?

Boy - its going to be interesting next week.

Imagine all the surprised faces in PS's California HQ as they sip their 1st lattes this morning. :-0

Dave

Wish I was going to focus next week. The keynote speaches are going to be interesting, to say the least. I've read a couple of the press releases. It looks like Oracle wants to buy Peoplesoft and make it go away. They are being coy as to whether they would also gobble up JDE. The press releases prior to this had JDE and Peoplesoft coming together amicably and putting together a best of breed software solution. Stock price reaction is interesting to watch. All ready Peoplesoft's stock price has shot up $3 to $18 a share. Two dollars higher than what Oracle offered. Is this a Peoplesoft poisin pill we're watching? My gut feel is that JDE will climb in to bed with someone. If not Peoplesoft, then maybe IBM or Microsoft. Sure does make for some interesting conversation though, huh??

The coolest thing was that I got to scoop all of our sales weenies with this news-- no one here knew anything about it. In fact, one of them said to me, "you techs don't know anything, it's *PeopleSoft* buying *JDE*, not Oracle buying PeopleSoft...". Bet he feels foolish now.

Nah, he's a sales weenie. I'm sure he's feeling smug.

Wonder what he's gonna be selling next month?

Anyway, even though there are people griping about the speculation, let's face it: we all enjoy this stuff. If anything, we're gonna have more work, and no one's going to drop their zillion euro JDE installation just yet based on this news. But it's kind of fun to come up with stuff like, "Oracle and Sony team up and buy Microsoft"-- a refreshing change from griping about my package not building.

no, I don't see any antitrust issues here... Given that the PSFT/JDEC
merger is OK'd, I don't see a conflict with Oracle...they're not a
software package seller...they sell a database... Now, they could limit
thier database engine but that would open Larry to some serious legal
stuff later..

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, RRobinson wrote:

I am so annoyed.

Someone out there has already started taking cheap pot-shots at poor JDE. It seems that people are taking advantage of this current situation to despicably bring down the intelligent, thought-provoking marketting efforts of JDE just prior to the Quest Global conference.

I found this image floating on the bulletin boards. I am shocked, and personally hurt, that someone would obviously deface and alter images such as this.

Attachments

• 56312-popsicle.jpg
    56312-popsicle.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 64
Back