Citrix users need to be Local Admins on Server?

jcockrill

Hello,

It seems that our users need to be local admins on the citrix server or they are unable to login to JDE. We give them desktop with JDE on it as well as Office. Is there a way around this? I'm more of the network administrator with limited knowledge of JDE. Is it trying to write to the registry or copy the JDE.ini into the system directory that causes this issue?

I would like to remove the Domain Users group from my Local Administrators group on the Citrix Servers.

Thanks. I appreciate any advice.
[laugh]

On your Citrix Servers give everyone full access to the JDE Key under HKey_Local_Machine and HKey_Current_User. There is also a white paper that tells exactly which particular keys they need to have full control off but giving everyone full control of the JDE Value should do the trick. Your users should not be accessing the INI file in the server each user should have their own INI file copied to a shared location, again there is a white paper on this it is sort of old but the concept is the sake (TSE Tips and Techniques) on the KG.

Hope this helps some.

We have done the same as above grant to a couple keys, and it will work fine on FAT clients as well as Citrix Servers.

BukoskNR

Back