web printing

johne

I have some html user who get the following error when they try to print. "abnormal program termination". Then the browser gets shut down.

What is the best way to trouble shoot web clients? What logs can I look at on the client or the server to help me pinpoint their problems?

ERP8, SP21, Win2000, sql 2000
JAS Win2000, IBM HTTP, Webshphere 4

Sorry I had to change my configuration in my signature area so it would be correct.

I'm not sure if you can do this on SP16.1, but on your web server you should have JAS.log, jasdebug.log, stdout and stderr files in JDEOneWorld/internet/jas/log directory. Turn debug on in your jas.ini file and have a look at this files.

Wes
P.S. On SP21, you can even see what data structure are being passed to your logical server for buisness functions.
Wes

Go to (http://yourservername/jde/saw/index.html) and then select log files. This will show you the log files available to you. I've attached a modified version of the program (sawLogButtons.jsp). Backup your current jsp file, and restore the attached file to jas/webclient/saw directory on your server. Once you have done that, you will be able to turn logging on and off without having to take the service down.

Hope this helps.
Wes

Attachments

• 56107-sawLogButtons.jsp
    6.1 KB · Views: 83
Back