ERP 8 OneWorld Installation problem on AS/400

ztoreki

Hello list,

I have just installed a OneWorld XE on an AS/400 as an enterprise server. All the installation steps were successful, the joblogs are OK. I am trying to sign on with userid ONEWORLD and I cannot reach the menu A98OWMNU.
Here are some messages from the joblog;
Data was truncated on an input, output or update operation.
End of file detected for file INI in B7334SYS.
Cannot process subfile request for file BV3 in library QGPL.
Cannot read record BLDCTL from file BV3 at device QPADEV000I.

I can reach the above mentioned menu by typing the command GO A98OWMNU. As far as I remember this menu should be displayed after signing on. The other problem is that I cannot start the server jobs. If I type option 13 to start the server or 14 to stop it, an error message tells me that; "Command ENDNET / STRNET in library *libl not found." So the library list is not set correctly.
One more thing; I have checked for these command, they are located in the library B7334SYS. I have tryied to add this library manually to the library list, the result is that the subsystem starts, the server jobs are start but end normally just immediatelly.

Could anyone help me, please?

Thanks in advance.

Zoltán

Change the description of B7334sys library. It gets shipped corrupted. Don;t use change but rather change description.

Did you change the areas in the INI file and set them to B7334SYS? Or was it shipped that way? Also did you do a Service pack, because maybe the problem could have happened during the JDEUPDATE command? I have got this error before, but I can't seem to remember exactly what caused it. But I am sure it was service pack....

BukoskNR

Re: RE: ERP 8 OneWorld Installation problem on AS/400

How do you mean change description? I can change the object description. Here I have two properties; text description and days used count. Or I have wrklib command and there I can change type, text description, create authority and create object auditing.

Ok, this is going to sound hokey, but when I did the SP21 upgrade, without thinking, instead of using a CRTDUPOBJ to copy the INI file from B7333SYS to B7334SYS, I did a CPYF and was having the same results that you are describing. Try deleting the INI from B7334SYS and using CRTDUPOBJ to copy the file. I swear it worked.

Jean may be correct...

Crtdupobj creates a duplicate object.
CPYF copies the data/structure into a PHYSICAL FILE.

Note: the CPYF can be multimember, the duplicate object cannot.

JDE, in most cases, is expecting a SQL table, not a physical file.

enjoy!

Daniel

Hi,
We had the same issue last month when upgrading from B7332 to ERP8. Librray description has some chracters that can not be diplayed on AS/400 screen. Just change Text description.

-Sathu

I have already changed the text description but the joblog sais;

End of file detected for file INI in B7334SYS

Cannot read record BLDCTL from file BV3 ...

So something is still wrong.

Zoltan

BV3C is the program that calls up the intial screen that tells you your service pack and relase infomation when signing on. Does the ONEWORLD as/400 ID work? I mean can you sign on with it? I still think that this may be related to the service pack. Or I am in agreement with others that the Text Descripion on the B7334sys library is messed up. You can change that by using the chgobjd command use b73334sys in library qsys and type *lib

I have already changed the text description of library B7334SYS. After I am trying to sign-on as ONEWORLD I can reach the AS/400 MIAN menu so the ID is working fine. But unfortunatelly in the joblog there are some errors much more less than there was before the B7334SYS library text description has changed!
Here are the messages in the joblog;

Zoltán

My problem is that this is not an upgrade, this is a clear install, so I cannot copy the INI file. I have installed the same system at my office before I went to the customer. In my office everything works fine. At the customer I have used another install CD set, maybe the customer's CD install set is wrong or failed. The installation joblogs are OK. All the restoration were successful! As I sign on as ONEWORLD I have some error messages in the joblog;

And I really do not know what to do...

Zoltán

Daniel,

I think that all I can do is that I can save the INI file located in my office and restore it at the customer. (But the environment is different, server names, version of OS/400, etc.)

Zoltán

I can sign on as ONEWORLD. After that I should manually add the library B7334SYS to the library list. I can call the program BV3C, here is the joblog after that;

Zoltán

I can sign on as ONEWORLD. After that I should manually add the library B7334SYS to the library list. Than I can call the program BV3C, here is the joblog after that;

Zoltán

So after calling that program does it open up the correct menu or does the program fail and not open up anything and then you see those messages in the Job log?

After calling that program it does not open anything I reach the AS/400 main menu and at the joblog there are some errors. I have already spoken with the JDEdwards support in Denver and they told me that maybe the installation material is wrong. I have recognised that the library B7334SYS has 9 files less at the customer than at my office, so it seems to me that it is really installation material problem. So the support's advice is to reinstall the whole system. I am just doing it now.

Hi Zoltan,

I read your post with some interest. I did an ERP 8 upgrade from Xe not too long ago and experienced some problems quite similar to those you are having.

The installation material was certainly not correct at the time I did the upgrade. Not sure if it has changed now.

We did manage to recover without doing a reinstall though. The installation routine creates an AS400 library called OWINSTALL. This contains SAV files that are used by the installation routine. I remember having to manually restore some of the save files to 'fix' the ERP 8 installation (including the System library to get the ini file).

Also had problems with the menu. I know you are doing a reinstall now so its probably too late but out of interest... when you logged on as OneWorld, did you get the initial screen before the menu where you select B7334?

Regards,

Sanjeev

CNC Technical Architect

Back