F42199 ledgering

abc123

Our F42199 table is now up to 7 million rows after 3 months of data. I would like to purge this data and set forth on a path in which we are ledgering less.

I know that ledgering allows us to create CO's from history. Do ledger records affect anything with JDE forecasting modules? Do I need to ledger original sales order creations for any reason? I was thinking of only ledgering the sales update portion.

We also have orders that we will not be doing any CO's from. Do these even need ledgering?

Last I checked, the forecasting module used history from the F42119 not the
F42199. You should probably continue ledgering for the purpose of Credit
Order creation from history. Most clients write a ledger record at the time
of Invoice Print. I would save records at that status and purge the rest.
The only other benefit from ledgering is that if (or when) orders go bad,
you can look at the ledger to see who did what, when.

Andy Klee
www.JDEtips.com

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com

Marc,
The ledger creation is controlled be the order activity rules. You can choose which steps you need to ledger and those you do not. Now would be a good time to look at what steps are being saved and make necessary changes with your user community. When creating CO's from orders, they are created/coped from F42119. Clearing/purging your ledger will not have any impact on forecasting as only history and active information (F42119 & F4211) information is analyzed.

abc123 <[email protected]> wrote:
Our F42199 table is now up to 7 million rows after 3 months of data. I would like to purge this data and set forth on a path in which we are ledgering less.I know that ledgering allows us to create CO's from history. Do ledger records affect anything with JDE forecasting modules? Do I need to ledger original sales order creations for any reason? I was thinking of only ledgering the sales update portion.We also have orders that we will not be doing any CO's from. Do these even need ledgering?
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=55747
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World® / XE mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).

World, OW B733X and Xe

One of the great things about the Sales Ledger is the ability it provides to point the finger at the induhvidual who screwed up the Sales Order by making the wring &***&!!@ change. Whether its worth the penalty you're seeing (7 million in just 3 months?) is something you must decide.

Cheers,

We have the F42199 records being purged after 120 days. Have been doing
this for nearly 4 years.

AS/400,V4R5, B7321,SP 12.5,Coexistence,Going to Xe(before Y3K), NT4,Citrix,

Back