Sending External Email using JDE Work Centre

bex

Is anyone out there successfully sending External EMail from within the JDE Work Centre using Outlook 2000 as the mail client?

Our users connect to JDE via Citrix, so essentially Outlook is being fired up on the terminal server. If you try to send external mail via the JDE Work Centre you get a message saying that the profile name is invalid - however if you log into Outlook locally on the terminal server itself it works fine - you can see mail for the profile which has been configured. The error message it fires up then gives you the option to configure a profile, however something is a bit strange there also as it does not allow you to select Microsoft Exchange as an Information Service - this is greyed out and you only get the option to manually configure the service.

The profile name in the JDEMAIL section of the JDE.INI file on the terminal server reflects that of the Outlook profile name - so I don't think this is the problem?

We have a call logged with JDE at the moment but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had any or similar problems?

I have attached screen shots......

Rgds
Rebekah

Attachments

• 55487-Outlook_Issue.doc
    353 KB · Views: 89
Hi,

Were you able to solve this problem. Would appreciate if you could post the solution.

regards,

There is an ESU for this issues ESU JD19095.exe for OneWorld Release Xe released in November 2002

You might want to look one more place as well. After fighting with a similar issue we determined that the Enterprise Server jde.ini is the one that needs to have the proper Outlook settings in it since we the Ensterprise server is the one performing the processing, not Citrix.

Back