Speed over T1

CitrixDude

HELP!!!

I have a sister company using XE via Citrix over a T1. We have just begun our CRP and users are already complaining about intermittent latency with tabbing across fields and with data entry. Any thoughts or suggestions about what might be causing this intermittent latency?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Enterprise Server - XE, SP20, Update 6, Windows 2000 Server SP3 , Quad
1.5Ghz Xeon, 3GB Ram, SQL 2000 SP2

Citrix 1.8 Farm- 2 Servers load balanced Windows 2000 SP3, Dual P3 800,
2GB RAM

T1 - is also used for limited email and http traffic

What is funny is when I access OneWorld through my cable modem from home
I cannot reproduce the latency.

Dave

Enterprise Server - XE, SP20, Update 6, Windows 2000 Server SP3 , Quad 1.5Ghz Xeon, 3GB Ram, SQL 2000 SP2

Citrix 1.8 Farm- 2 Servers load balanced Windows 2000 SP3, Dual P3 800, 2GB RAM

T1 - is also used for limited email and http traffic

What is funny is when I access OneWorld through my cable modem from home I cannot reproduce the latency.

Dave

Are they getting this latency in all applications or just a select few? What are your OCM mappings like? Are you using "W" environments?

The latency is on applications that require heavy data entry like Standard Voucher Entry or apps that have many fields to tab through. And unfortunately the latency doesn’t happen all the time, which makes it even harder to troubleshoot. That’s why I believe it may be something with the circuit that’s causing the issue. My OCMs are nothing out of the ordinary. Actually I have other companies that connect to OneWorld over a VPN and they do not complain about any latency. We do not use the W environments.

I assume you've compared the setting each client has set up for the Citrix connection. For example setting it so it does not "queue mouse movements and keystrokes" or the setting for speed screen latency reduction. Also, changing sound quality from high to low.
These can make a big difference.
Dave

Going off the default settings in PN, queue mouse movements and keystrokes is disbaled by default and speed screen latency reduction is disabled as well. Would I want to enable
speed screen latency reduction? Have you had any luck with this feature?

Actually, I always set it to auto but you may want to turn it on if you are having latency problems and see if it helps. The Citrix help text says to turn it on if you are coming in a slower connection (dial up or wan connection).
Dave

Back