How to recover after unintentional "Release Token"?

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
How to recover after unintentional \"Release Token\"?

Hi Everybody,
One of our developers was working on an UBE. In the OMW, she had the UBE in a project, checked out. She accidentally hit "Release Token", which erased the checkout as well. She doesn't want to lose the work she did. How can we trick OneWorld into letting her check in her work without doing a checkout and overwriting her local copy (which has all the work in it)?

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to recover after unintentional \"Release Token\"?

Hi,
Try to say to OMW that the object is always in check-out status :
modify the OMW Project Objects table (F98222)
POOMWMKEY: name of the client
POOMWCHS: status = 1 if object in check-out
POOMWPOS1
You can try to see the difference between an other object which is in check-out on the same client.

RE: How to recover after unintentional \"Release Token\"?

Tim, duplicate the b7\DV7333 directory to b7\DV7333.bkp on the developer's
workstation. Log into DV7333 and check out the object. Log off.
Rename b7\DV7333 to b7\DV7333.whatever and then rename b7\DV7333.bkp to
b7\DV7333. Log back into DV7333 and check in the object.

Good luck, Gerd

Tim

You need to do a force check out on the machine where the spec are using the old object librarian - P9860. Add the following to your jde.ini file after the Interactive Runtime stanza:

[OMW]
P9860_Object_Librarian=E
P98604_Object_Transfer=!
P98603_Promotion_Manager=M
PH9001_Workflow_Transfer=U
P9864A_Activera_Transfer=S
P9864_Record_Copy=O
R9830512_UBE_Version_Copy=W

This will let you run P9860. Actually you probably only need the first line after OMW but this is how I have my jde.ini file set up.

Run P9860. Enter the name of the report and select it. On the detail screen in the grid type in location (her machine name), pathcode (probably DV7333), status=3, Sar=0, user name and date, then hit okay. This should get the mod back. I'm not sure about the token, but if you check it in and back out you should get the token back. Good luck.

Patty

RE: How to recover after unintentional \"Release Token\"?

and check the object out. Then log back in to the environment where the
changes were being made, and now you'll have it checked out without
overwriting
the changed specs.

--Scotti Whitmire
DeRoyal Industries
Xe Upd6, SP19.1, AIX4.3.3, Oracle 8.1.6.3

What I have done before (when I have done this) is to save the UBE to my save location, checked out the UBE again (to get the token), then restored the UBE from my save location (restoring my mod over the checked out version).

I agree with ShaunMorgan, save object to SAVE location and then check object out. You can then restore the object from the save location which will restore your modification and give you the token. You will then be able to check your work back in...

Good luck.

Back