Batch Versions disappearing

metuik

[frown]

Hi,

Has anyone seen this:

We have a UBE with a lot of versions. New versions are created in DV and promoted with (standard setup) OMW to PY and PD.

When a PD package is build it will only build the NEW versions. The existing versions seem te be deleted after deployment.

I can't imagine that this is caused by the UBE also being in the same project.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel Tuik

OneWorld XE, XU7, SP21_J1

Marcel

If the versions have not been checked in and you deploy a package for that UBE you will lose your local version (that's what we call versions that only exist on the machine that created them). Also, when I create a package I always sign onto to the environment that the package is for because of the version issue. I don't necessary built it in that environment.

Patty

Patty

Hi Mercel
This is a known bug(there is also whitepape available in KG. I do not remember the doc#). Always build the update package with all versions of the UBE otherwise you will loose the versions not available in the package.

Hope this is helpful.

Vivek,
Would you happend to have found the doc number of the white paper about needing to deploy all batch versions even if only one changed, say data selection. I contacted KG and the documents they supplied me didn't mention anything about this.

Gary Hanson
EnterpriseOne AS/400 Xe, U6, SP22, Fat & Citrix Clients

Back