Security - Unable to run app, but can't find in SecWorkbench

kjjdelist

Well Known Member
Security - Unable to run app, but can\'t find in SecWorkbench

When any of our users besides the JDE account attempt to run some specific reports (G/L Batch reports) they all get a 'User is restricted from selected process' message and the app never launches. The reports all run fine from the JDE signon. I've looked in Security workbench and have done a wide open FIND on these objects and nobody and no groups appear to be restricted. Obviously I'm missing something, but I don't know what. If it helps, we are trying to run all of the reports on G9022, but nobody but JDE can. Other UBE's pull up just fine.

RE: Security - Unable to run app, but can\'t find in SecWorkbench

you may have a *PUBLIC *ALL type UBE application security entry set to Run 'N' Install 'N' thus restricting all but jde. grant specific application security to the reports for the specific users/groups.

Regards

Darren Evans
CNC Administrator
Win2k Oneworld Xe U5, SP19.1, SQL Server 2k SP2, Citrix Xpa

Re: Security - Unable to run app, but can\'t find in SecWorkbench

Under security do you have the Application Security (3) set as *ALL. Like this -
ACCT *ALL 3 Application Security N N
If you do then you have the all security locked down unless otherwise granted rights.

Joy

*PUBLIC has a Row Security for AddressType1, but I've removed that with no effect.

*ACCT (the user's group) only has AppSecurity on some unrelated apps (like Password revisions and Menu revisions).

The User has no security entries

If you're running "out of the box" versions (XJDE or ZJDE versions) you might try making a copy of the version. Sometimes the security setting on the XJDE and ZJDE versions prevent users other than JDE from running a UBE.

As others have suggested, see if you have a security setting (in Security Workbench) preventing your users from changing Processing Options, or if you have *PUBLIC specified for Application Security.

Thanks. The version must be restricted. Created an XXX0001 verxion and the users can run it.

Back