Shop Floor Data Collection

custhe

Well Known Member
Hello List,

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations to share regarding Shop Floor Labor Collection systems, to integrate with XE? We’re a small-ish (200 employee) manufacturing operation, unionized, one building, one B/P, live on XE since June of last year. All JDE users interface via Citrix.

Currently, union employees (virtually all are non-JDE users) hand write individual time tickets, recording hours and quantities against work orders/operations. These tickets are then approved by supervisors (where required on an exception basis), and keypunched by clerks into a heavily modified version of P051121 Time Entry (which is in turn set up via standard processing option to feed manufacturing hours & quantities). Separate tickets are written and keypunched for things like vacation, holiday, maintenance, meetings, etc, using an assortment of pay types.

We’re envisioning a system of clock stations and software where the employees can swipe their ID badge and input their labor and quantities directly, validated against open WO Routings and PDBAs; non-WO labor (e.g. direct support labor, idle time, training, etc) would be collected in a similar manner, validated against Business Units & PDBAs; the collected transactions would be polled to a central database, and elapsed hours for each record would be calculated from the timestamps of these transactions; supervisors would then manage exceptions, corrections & approvals in near real-time, with eventual (custom?) batch feed to the F06116/F31122 tables. Nothing earth-shattering, just new territory for me…

Has anyone implemented an off-the-shelf product that integrated well with XE? Or did you choose to go the way of custom IV applications within JDE to manage the collected data, interfacing with validation-only collection stations? If the latter, were you able to segregate it in such a way to allow validated shop floor inputs to continue at times JDE was unavailable? Did you go with hardened collection points, or low-end PC workstations?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Curtis

Curtis,

I know a couple of firms that are capturing data in a similar fashion. Both are using Kronos. If you need contact information, drop me a line.

custhe <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello List,Does anyone have any experience/recommendations to share regarding Shop Floor Labor Collection systems, to integrate with XE? We’re a small-ish (200 employee) manufacturing operation, unionized, one building, one B/P, live on XE since June of last year. All JDE users interface via Citrix. Currently, union employees (virtually all are non-JDE users) hand write individual time tickets, recording hours and quantities against work orders/operations. These tickets are then approved by supervisors (where required on an exception basis), and keypunched by clerks into a heavily modified version of P051121 Time Entry (which is in turn set up via standard processing option to feed manufacturing hours & quantities). Separate tickets are written and keypunched for things like vacation, holiday, maintenance, meetings, etc, using an assortment of pay types.We’re envisioning a system of clock stations and software where the employees can swipe their ID badge and input !
their labor and quantities directly, validated against open WO Routings and PDBAs; non-WO labor (e.g. direct support labor, idle time, training, etc) would be collected in a similar manner, validated against Business Units & PDBAs; the collected transactions would be polled to a central database, and elapsed hours for each record would be calculated from the timestamps of these transactions; supervisors would then manage exceptions, corrections & approvals in near real-time, with eventual (custom?) batch feed to the F06116/F31122 tables. Nothing earth-shattering, just new territory for me…Has anyone implemented an off-the-shelf product that integrated well with XE? Or did you choose to go the way of custom IV applications within JDE to manage the collected data, interfacing with validation-only collection stations? If the latter, were you able to segregate it in such a way to allow validated shop floor inputs to continue at times JDE was unavailable? Did you go with h!
ardened collection points, or low-end PC workstations?Thanks in adva
nce for any insight you can provide.Curtis
XE Update 3 / SP17.1 / SQL / Win2000 / Citrix
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=55267
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World® / XE mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

World, OW B733X and Xe

If you want "off-the-shelf" then you cannot do much better than engage your JDEdwards Client Manager (if such a thing exists) in a discussion that results in DSI contacting you. DSI have been the de facto standard for JDE for years. So much so that the interfaces a pre-built in to OneWorld. DSI can advise you.

If DSI doesn't suit you then you can use the Inbound Interoperability features of OneWorld Xe. It can take in a flat file of data and allocate it to fields in the Inbound F31122Z1 Z-Table. Then you can run the R31122Z1I UBE to post these into the F31122. Or you could use the P31122Z1I and review the batch before posting - interactively (it has a Row Submit Button) or in batch. With this sort of tool you could use any SFDC system you could wish for.

Have you considerred using Pocketpc/palm based PDAs, to cature data in a
shop floor environment using wireless (802.11) protocol. We at md2
specialize in wireless/pda and their connectivity with ERP. Please drop me
a line and we will can discuss offline.

Thanks
Devi Misra (Davey)
md2 systems inc
[email protected]
www.md2sys.com

If DSI doesn't suit you then you can use the Inbound Interoperability
features of OneWorld Xe. It can take in a flat file of data and allocate it
to fields in the Inbound F31122Z1 Z-Table. Then you can run the R31122Z1I