pay types

rocknjo

We are trying to figure out a way, short of customization, to have multiple pay types autopay for an employee. We cannot use timecard automation because all the employees have different lists of pay types and lump sum amounts. Any suggestions?

What about labor distribution? This has worked great when I have had excutives supporting two regions and they need to have labor expensed to two different labor accounts.

If there is more to your question that I am missing, let me know.

Actually, these employees are routinely paid 6 different pay types each payroll. For example, regular pay (which is handled by autopay), housing allowance, offshore duty pay, etc. These last few are lump sums. Other than setting them up as reverse deductions, I can find no other way to attach them to the employee. Reverse deductions do not calculate the taxes properly, so that is not an option. Thanks,

Rocknjo,

If I understand correctly, this is pay above and beyond their normal pay. If this is true, set them up as a cash taxable benefit (Effect on Gross/Net Pay of a 2). These benefit codes can be assigned to the EE on the EE DBA instructions with the lump sum amount.

Let me know if this works.

Doesn't work. Seems the only way that it works correctly is when they are pay types (some are negatives).

smwarwick <[email protected]> wrote:smwarwick replied to your post at the site: .
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=55298

Rocknjo,If I understand correctly, this is pay above and beyond their normal pay. If this is true, set them up as a cash taxable benefit (Effect on Gross/Net Pay of a 2). These benefit codes can be assigned to the EE on the EE DBA instructions with the lump sum amount.Let me know if this works.

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

For example, pay type 14 for $1015, and pay type 15 for -$1000. This is an increase of $15 that is taxable. Setting them up using benefits doesn't address this properly for taxing. Rocknjo

smwarwick <[email protected]> wrote:smwarwick replied to your post at the site: .
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=55298

Rocknjo,If I understand correctly, this is pay above and beyond their normal pay. If this is true, set them up as a cash taxable benefit (Effect on Gross/Net Pay of a 2). These benefit codes can be assigned to the EE on the EE DBA instructions with the lump sum amount.Let me know if this works.

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

Tried that, but it doesn't tax correctly. For example, pay type 14 for $1015, and pay type 15 for -$1000. This is an increase of $15 that is taxable. Setting them up using benefits doesn't address this properly for taxing. Rocknjo

Ok. If the taxable Benefit does not work, unfortunately, I do not see a solution except customization. Sorry about that. Good luck.

Back