Server Package in ERP 8

sunnyind

Well Known Member
Hi List,
I would call it a major problem..but its very strange.. When I try to build a Update Client & Server Package, the client package is successfull, but my server package (R9622 pdf ) shows completed with error..where as all my logs and .sts file are clean of any errors.
Can you please comment on this..
I have ERP 8 on WIN NT with Oracle 8.1.6
Thanks..

Sunny,

I may be wrong, but I am experiencing the same issues, I think it has something to do with the fact that there are various spec files that only get built on the client. I think the server sees these not having been built as errors...

let me know your thoughts.

Check your CompileLogs directory on your enterprise server.
That should help you out.

Ok, here goes...

This is apparently a known issue at JDE. I was searching the Knowledge Garden and came across this document. Please look for otm-03-0011.

I hope this helps,

Hi msouterblight,
thanks for the direction. What I have done in such cases is update the F96021 table to status 50 and went ahead and applied the package. without any issues.
Issue is yet to be resolved by JDE.
Thanks

Hi Msouterblight1,

I am still facing this issue even after SP21_L1, where as as per KG it was resolved in SP21_E1. I have also applied the SP21_E1.
Any comments please...

This issue was fixed for me after installing SP21_E1. I found this issue at SP21 Base, SP21_B1, SP21_C1. It was fixed in E1. I know other customers that had experieced this and it was also fixed at E1.

On a postive note, if you look into the logs you can see the package is not building with errors, so your package is OK, just having to see the message is a pain.

Now if you see errors in the logs about the build this could be a different issue.

Nick

Hello,

One of my clients is still experiencing this issue, they are on one-off M. They use the AS/400, so this issue is not related to platform. Gotta love JDE, don't you????

Back