Provincial taxe does not calculate in SP20- Payroll

KHOSI

Hello,
I've been having this strange bug in Payroll since we moved from SP15 to SP20 with Oneoff R1. Hoping someone had experienced something like this before in other apps.
Provincial Taxe does not calculate in Payroll interim whenever the server JDE.INI debug OUPUT=NONE. BUT whenever I put OUTPUT=BOTH, provincial taxe started to calculate as should be. Someone mentioned to me that he had a similar problem in Postings but as soon as they turned on the debugger, numbers got well calculated but when they turn debugger off results were blank. He told me that because the job ended before it finished the calculations therefore when the debugger was turned on, it has time to go in each step and complete calculations. Unfortunately, he forgot what he had changed in his JDE.INI.
THis is a good one but I am sure that you experts will give me a hand on this. JDE does not have a clue and as usual they said that they were not able to replicate the problem at their site so....it's on us.

Right now, we are backing to SP15 but still have a test environment for SP20 on different enterprise server.

NOTE: we are still on B7332

Hi,
Whenever you have an issue that goes away with the debug log on or ini
setting on is a memory leak in the software. The reason is that when the
debug log is on JDE allocates more memory then when it is off. Therefore
there is more room for error. If you run a big job it would start failing.
I would say contact JDE for this issue
Thanks
Moin

I know what you mean. There's only one other Canadian Payroll client on B733.2 and they're on SP17.1 I believe (atleast they were when I Ieft to go join a BP).

Attached is the list of SAR's & ESU that I had applied to this environment. If you need a contact there to bounce ideas of then send me a personal email.

The reason that you get different results when you turn debug on is that that BSFN's run SYNCHRONOUSLY with debug on and ASYNCHRONOUSLY with DEBUG off.

If you can capture the logs for the transaction on a local payroll job I can debug the function (had to do this a number of times).

Colin

Attachments

• 54903-B7332 Canadian Payroll Software Updates.xls
    22 KB · Views: 67
Back