Data Security

jde_uk

Hello List,
I am trying to work on an upcoming issue where we are planning to start the JDE usage overseas (foreign office) which is a seperate comapny and it is possible that the management might want the users there to see only that information which is valid for them, i.e. they have no access to the other companies data. We are going to do this on the Fin Module and I am just foreseeing this issue although this has not yet been made.
I am sure that we will be using all the present JDE Applications for the overseas operations as well. Can anyone inform whether there is a way to prevent a particular user community from viewing a part of the data. I would like to mention here that the overseas operations will be on main frames and our present operation have Fat Clients installed, which means that the Solution Explorer might not work on the Overseas operation.
Thanks
Tipu

You should try row security. There has been numerous past jdelist postings about this.

Hi,
Thanks for that, Yes I think that the Row INclusive Security will be the best option for me and testing locally has been successful.
Many thanks, I am sure that there is no other way out.....!!!!
Tipu

Will you have to do consoldated financial statements? If not you might want to consider creating a separate environment where you point to the same pathcode for the software but have separte data sources for the control tables and business data.

Patty

Hi,
A seperate environment wont be possible as we thought of doing it but because of the "consolidation of data"....., you can understand.
I am using the Row Security and though a tedious process, the purpose is achieved. The issue is more to do with the conservative approach than anything else.
Thanks and Best Wishes
Tipu

Back