Override Location

rcandeo

Well Known Member
Is there a way to close override location for an unique report? I need my users not to run sales update in their local workstation.
Any Idea?
Thank You.
Robson

Create an OCM mapping (Env|ReportName|LOCAL(datasource)) for that report to
run locally.
Thanks
Moin

I think I was not clear in my question. OCM cannot help me cause my users can override the location. I need they only run the UBE on server.

Robson,

What could work for you is a combination of 1.) OCM mappings (so that the UBE runs on the server), plus 2.) either a Security Workbench setting or menu definition so that you disable Prompt for Versions.

The combination should lock down the user so they can't get to the Advanced - Override Location option from prompting for versions, and make it run on the server by default.

Please give this a try and let us know if this works for you. Good luck.

Thank You but I want to disable override location option only for R42800 UBE. If I disable this option by security it will cause me another problem.
I think that I am asking for something impossible.
Robson

Hi,
Will it be possible for you to make a small code in the P98305 application stating that "when the FC Program ID is whatever you want disable the FC on the Advanced Version Prompting form.
ALthough this is something which is not advisable at all but I think that this appears to be the only wasy out as the security thing wont work in your situation.
I have not seen / tested the suggestion that I am making but I think that this should work.
Please inform the outcome if you happen to apply it.
Thanks and the very best.
Tipu

You could also change the menu to set the version and run with blind execution.

Patty

Back