JAS Error - Missing Indices on DB

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Hi List,

I have been experiencing this JAS Issue since we moved to ERP 8.0, it worked fine with Xe. I have applied the JAS ESU JE1286 which was supposed to have fixed it, and have even gone back an applied re-apply the special instructions form the ESU that superceded it.

I have tried generating the indexes, generating the tables from both DEV and CRP.

So here goes the issue.....
Every time I deploy/install a package on my JAS server I receive this error message Missing Indices on DB (see Attached) when the Gen.bat is accesses. The only way I can get the generation to work is to re-generate the F98999 and F98998 every time I have to so a generation. JDE have been working on this issue with me for over a month now and have not come up with rime or reason.

I had our JDE DBA checked and re-checked permissions etc on the Oracle side. I am currently so out of Ideas it's not even challenging anymore. By the way I did also re-apply the ESU.

File with error message is attached....has anyone seen this before.

Attachments

• 54515-JAS Error1.jpg
    54515-JAS Error1.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 67
You need permissions as the generator user to "Get Info" on the indexes. Not sure what permission grant this is - but that seems to be what OneWorld attempts to do.

I think if you don't have an issue - then you'll probably be ok. Its best to perform a full regen anyway in my opinion, rather than a single object.

What Service Pack one-off are you on ?

Hi - I'm getting the same thing with the beta of SP22. In the Dos box it reports the indices it can see (not what its looking for) If you have the right indices, and it looks like you do, then there isn't a real problem. What's happening is that the generator isn't getting the response back "in time". There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the time allowed and I'm not 100% convinced that it would help if there was. We're ORACLE too and I'd be interested to hear from any non-ORACLE shop getting this issue.

By the way - if you are missing an index I seem to recall the message you get is different (It's been a while since I broke it deliberately to check that).

I don't believe it's a permissions thing as teh message implies because with the generator connecting as JDE it could have much more in the way of rights to the objects it's querying.

Do I understand right - if you regen F98999* you don't get the message? I hadn't tried that but it would be curious.

Back