Cannot select "literal" on Citrix

chayang

Cannot select \"literal\" on Citrix

We are moving many of our users from Full Client to Citrix. One problem that has been popping up for us is related to double clicking on "literal" when doing data selection. It seems that Citrix is not respoding to the double click, or rather it is not launching the window for them to enter values. Has anyone experienced this on Citrix. This problem does not occur on full client.

RE: Cannot select \"literal\" on Citrix

We had this problem when we moved from NT to Windows 2000. The solution was
to reinstall the OS, and select 'Preserve NT Security' at the beginning of
the install.

Re: Cannot select \"literal\" on Citrix

I've never seen this before.

What service pack release are you running ?

Re: Cannot select

We are on Update 2, SP21. But this was happening before we went to SP21. It started when we upgraded from NT4 to Win2K. We still have two NT servers and those two machine do not have this issue. It is on the new Win2K servers.

re: Cannot select \"literal\" on Citrix

Yes, I've seen this about 6 months ago and I even talked to JDE response line about it. We tried different things trying to fix it. I think the last thing we tried was to install a full package again and the problem went away.

Tet

We also had this problem in upgrading to W2K TSE from NT and selected "Preserve NT Security" on the install to make it go away. That did the trick for us.

Thank you for your responses. I haven't tried re-installing the OS yet but a co-worker of mine was able to capture the debug log and have sent it to JDE. JDE has since sent it to their developers to review. I'll post the solutions if they come up with something different.

-Cha

Re: RE: Cannot select \"literal\" on Citrix

Can you give me more details about the problem that you encountered? Were the users who had the problem of not being able to double click on "literal" on XP or where they still no NT client trying to connect to W2K TSE? Our users who are having this problem are all on Windows XP connecting to a brand new W2K TSE (not upgraded from NT TSE). When installing W2K on a new server, do you still select "Preserve NT Security" ?

Thanks for your help.

Have anyone Find any solution yet to this problem

John,

We had the same issue, we just re-deployed the last package to the
server and it went away. I will look in my notes to see if we did anything
else.

Steve

OW XE SP20,Update3 AS/400 V5R2 ES, citrix.....

Re: Cannot select \"literal\" on Citrix

Hi I have a seprate thred onm ths same probelm.... and it happen only randomly it works for some time and then it does not works... One thing I did was that I would log on to the console of the Citrix box and use the at client there to see if its happening there.... and it some how fixed the problem....... But after some time it goes back to the issue....

Hi all,
we had the same problems. JDE suggestions were "Preserve NT-security" or "Add users to power user group".
We added the users to the power users group and the problem went away, but our TSE admins are not very happy about this
Regards

Back