JDE.INI DEBUG Params Ignored

pwplus

Hi, all.

I've got a problem where the OneWorld kernels ignore the settings in the DEBUG section of the JDE.INI file on our ES and generate no logs although UBE's running on the ES log appropriately for the settings in the JDE.INI. Additionally, we cannot view any logs for submitted UBE's through the View Logs row exit in Submitted Reports (P986110B|ZJDE0002) although the logs exist and I can view them via an interactive session on our ES. JDE Support suggested I remove all comments from JDE.INI but this had no effect. This problem occurred around the time I changed our JDE.INI by adding QName=QGPL/PKGBUILD and changing SimultaneousBuilds from 0 to 3 in the BSFN BUILD section. I've since undone those changes and also restored the JDE.INI from backup but neither have had any effect. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pat

Attachments

• 54376-Jde.ini
    6.9 KB · Views: 177
Hi, all.

After playing with this problem for a few hours, it comes down to the DebugFile and the JobFile parms in the DEBUG section of the JDE.INI being relative paths. When a job accesses the IFS, the initial path is set to /home/USERID if it exists; otherwise the initial path is set to /. So when a kernel runs under the user ID ONEWORLD and the kernel attempts to write a log to the IFS, it expects to find the log directory relative to the initial path. Well I have begun to use qshell to run some housekeeping scripts so I set up a ONEWORLD directory under /home in which I had intended to keep the script source files. Well when a kernel started, it was attempting to write the log files to the logging directory relative to the initial path /home/ONEWORLD instead of / which is where the logging directory is. So the immediate fix for me was to delete the /home/ONEWORLD directory so the initial path will be set to / for IFS access attempts and my logging directory /JDEB7334 can now be found by the kernels.

Regards,
Pat

Back