Inclusive Row Security

CitrixDude

Has anyone had any experience turning Inclusive Row Security on while already being "Live" in XE?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Dave

Hi,
Yes I have used and it has work fine for us, where we have alredy three modules undre production. Che ck the following doc, whichs is good for your doubt.

ott-01-0099
Good luck.

This is great piece of information. I didn't know you could do inclusive security. I like b_gilmores idea of creating a separate F0950 for testing purposes.

Patty

Hi Jdbcag
We are also using inclusive row security and need help.
We have a requirement that one security group should be able to add/modify and view UDCs with product code 00, But it can view all UDC values. So I defined 1 records for row security with following information
Table Data Item From To Add Modify Delete View
F0004 ProductCode 00 00 Y Y N Y

Now user corresponding to this group can only see UDC with product code 00 but can not view UDCs with other product code. I am thinking of adding new record with view rights only for this security security( It seems to me it is necessay as inclusive security, user can access only records definded in security workbench).
Now my question is
1. What should be the value of "From Value" and "To Value" so that it covers all the product codes whether these start with Numberic or alpha characters? Does it depend upon database character set.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Guys
I added the record in the security workbench with "From value" = 0 and "To value"= ZZZ and now user can see all the UDC values... but just wondering that are you guys using the same machanism.
One More thing initially I tried with from value=00 and only view flag set to 'Y' and it got the error "Duplicate key". It was conflicting with the first record where the "from value" was same.. but "To value" was different and add/modify flags were also different... interesting columns selection for primary key on table f00950.

Thanks

Back