Restoring OW JDE on another computer for Disaster/Recovery test

PatrickPierce

I am still on OW 733.2 and have to go trough a Disaster/Recovery testing. I think I will have the same issues whether I am on OW 733.2 or ERP8. I am on Oracle 8.1.6 and using a RS/6000 with AIX 4.3.3.0 for my enterprise server. I will be restoring to another RS/6000 hopefully with the same IP addresses. My big question is when I restore JDE from my system backup tapes [I plan on restoring the volume group in tact], will I have any problems bringing up JDE because I am on another RS/6000. I don't know how the security works. Will I need to get another Authorization Code? Any comments would be appreciated.

Patrick,
when you restore to another RS6000 server the IP address does not matter
so much ( as far as JDE is concerned ) however the server name should be
the same. The 'hostname' command should deliver exactly the same name
(case sensetive).
There should be no license issues on the ES since the authorization code
does not apply to the server.

Good luck, Gerd

Hi Patrick,

the IP-adress is not important. You have to take care of your machine name, eihter the name of the depl.server and your ES is stored in your database.
Regards

Herbert

I got back from my Disaster/Recovery testing and all went well except for a little snag. Everything restored just fine. I was able to start OW from my fat client and get into some applications. My only problem was when I tried to submit a job to produce a report. When I tried this, the job would show up on Work Submitted Jobs as "In Queue" and would not execute. I bounced the services and it did the same thing. Then I called JDEdwards support and we tried a few things and it didn't seem to help. We bounced the services again and she had me submit a job and this time it worked. I don't know what we did to make it work because we changed everything back. Other than that, everything went really well ...... a lot better than the network guys and their restoring all of their servers.

Back