user logged in/out log

JDEboy

Guys hi,
My customer need an application within J.D.Edwards that could tell him when certain user logged in/off, and what did he do while he was logged in (which application/reports he used).
I don’t think that the Server Administration Workbench application can do that, it can show you a list of user that is currently is using the system.
Does any body here have an idea???? Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,
you're right with the SAW application, can't see the users' login or logout...
I think it's possible if you install and configure the Auditing Tool, you can look for information at KG.
Regards

hi,
you can use Object Logging information and even with that you can create a Reportbatch for a particular user or machine

Hi JDEboy
1st part..when user logged in/off

Change the value of Histrory parameter to 1 in the JDE.ini file on the enterprise server and restart the JDEdwards services. OneWorld will start recording the logoff/logon time and if there are any activities related to P98OWSEC ( like when the password was changed and who changed the password) and then use the form exit " Security history" in the application P98OWSEC to see all these details.
2nd part what reports/applications he ran
You can use the application Job Control Master(P986110B) to see what reports(UBE), user has submitted.
In service pack 21, JDEdwards has added audit capabilities. It can be configured to track changes to columns( you can define the set of columns) of the table.

I hope this is helpful.

Back