Application windows mysteriously minimzed

tgore

tgore

Reputable Poster
Has anybody had the experience of application windows "mysteriously" minimizing? Control (or focus) is also lost. This just started happening recently after applying SP21_F1. We had to apply SP21_F1 because we upgraded our "FAT" clients to WIN/XP. "F1" also fixed some printing issues that were cause by SP21.

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom

Does this issue occur only when a new package is deployed (in your case after the upgrade)? In the tips and traps section there is a document on alternative JDE.INI settings. The following setting ensures OW is started with the exit bar visible and all screens maximised.

[INTERACTIVE RUNTIME]
PWndLocation=66,66,666,477,327681

Rgds,

No. I am not talking about the exit bar or the initial size of the window, I am talking about during the processing of an application. Sometimes the processing works just fine, other times an application window will get minimized. I did forget to mention this is only occurring on our CITRIX (thin) sessions. The user will be processing transactions and everything will "look" normal to the user. At some point, the user will "think" the transaction completed (after clicking "OK" or "NEXT"), however the transaction window was really minimized. If you were to click on APPLICATIONS (at the top of the screen), you would see the minimized application in the list of applications. Let me also add that all of the applications are custom written. They are not JDE address book, sales, G/L, etc. This only started happening -after- we applied SP21_F1.

We had the same problem on oexplore and JDE told us to move to solution
explorer, check the following citrix information. Hope this helps.

Please Check the Citrix SP level, on Citrix 1.8 be sure to be on SP3.
Also dbl check your IE release Should be IE5.5 SP2 or higher.
MDAC DBL check 2.6 min

§

Back