AAIs - Do Functional Depts or IT Own the Creation/Maintenance?

avictor

Interested in knowing whether IT or Functional Departments own the maintenance and creation of AAIs. Which makes the most sense for a company? Security risks and other considerations welcomed.

AAI's defo responsibility of User departments, usually Finance, hence the
name. They should have at least done the Foundation Course training if
they're new to JDE before getting stuck in.

Old accountants never die, they just lose their balance!

regards
Sid Perkins
Independent IT Consultant
Tel: +44 1304 825003
Mobile: +44 7713158807
[email protected]

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 4:36 PM
Subject: AAIs - Do Functional Depts or IT Own the Creation/Maintenance?

maintenance and creation of AAIs. Which makes the most sense for a company?
Security risks and other considerations welcomed.

Alika,
I am totally in favor of letting the accountants create and maintain AAIs. They are the ones that ultimately will be responsible for the journal entries that are created.
Regards,
Dave

Definately belongs with the users. Not every user will need access to the AAI's, Controllers and power users usually will have access to the AAI's.

Good luck.

As a Tech Head - I would agree with the above !

The controllers / head of departments would control all data inside the Business Data datasources. AAI's would fall into this category.

As a CNC guy - I would prefer to maintain SYSTEM and Server Map tables in IT, ie everything associated with OMW, Servers, Hardware, Databases, Users and Printers...

Alika,

out of curiosity, what prompted you to ask this question?

IT, Finance, Accounting, CIA, FBI... I don't think it matters so much which group owns AAIs as long as it has a really good understanding of how AAIs work and it has the communication skills necessary for gaining input from, and giving feedback to, all the affected managers.

In the interest of securing the ongoing proper functionality of AAIs, its a good idea to have a small and tight knit cadre doing the dirty work with the AAI tables BUT I think you want to make sure they are not making any AAI decisions in isolation.

Back