HR/ C. Payroll stable at what release?

hscheper

hscheper

G'day all,

We are about to start implementing the Canadian Payroll and HR modules. The question that we have is: What is the better release level to start with. Update 6/7 or ERP 8.0??

Any and all thoughts are gratefully accepted. (related to the question that is! :) )

Thanks again people!!!
Regards,
Harry

Harry

I had heard the ERP 9 due out in August has much improved payroll and HR functionality.

Patty

Thanks for the update Patty.

We are looking at going live in a couple of months and I am not too eager to be on the latest release. My preference is to stay one release behind unless absolutely required. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it.)

Sooooo.... Update 6/7 or ERP 8.0???

Anyone else?

Thanks again!

Harry,

I don't think there's any real need to upgrade to ERP 8.0 for HR/Payroll
unless there's some functionality that you really need. I'd suggest Update 7
and any SP >= 20. If you're considering ERP 8.0 then I'd advise waiting
until Update 1 comes out - too many ESU's to apply to ERP 8.0.

Colin

Colin Dawes, Sr. Technical Consultant
Syntax.net
B733.1 to ERP 8.0
Oracle 8i/9i/SQL Server 2K, DB2

Harry,

I don't think there's any real need to upgrade to ERP 8.0 for HR/Payroll
unless there's some functionality that you really need. I'd suggest Update 7
and any SP >= 20. If you're considering ERP 8.0 then I'd advise waiting
until Update 1 comes out - too many ESU's to apply to ERP 8.0.

Colin

Colin Dawes, Sr. Technical Consultant
Syntax.net
B733.1 to ERP 8.0
Oracle 8i/9i/SQL Server 2K, DB2

Hello Harry,

We got Live on January, this year, and I could say the system is pretty stable, especially after we've applied SP21 (previously we're on 17).
I am the IT person supporting Payroll on the first-hand, and I have time for Financials & Procurement projects, too.

Our modifications count less than one hundred objects, mainly UBEs & PO templates, the most complicated one dealing with our Custom Labor Distribution Business Process.
The project was finished at the third attempt (the first two failed, the main cause being the lack of management commitment, as usual), started last year in June.
We had a Functional Consultant for a couple of weeks, and three Developers.
We've applied six ESUs, and cherish our good set of testing scripts.

Now you're looking at going live in a couple of months! We wish you success, and will you please let us know how big your team is, when did you start and how much customization you have?

Warm regards,

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the info!

Yes I will provide an update when we are done.

Thanks again people!
Harry

You're very welcome Harry,

One thing I forgot though; a guy from JDE let us believe that, if an employee is transferred from our company "A" to another company of ours, say "B", his history will follow ... well that is not the case - his history re-starts on Company "B", therefore dirty work-arounds were put in place, to show REAL Year To Date EI & CPP/QPP amounts, on his paystub ... guess what: this happens within Canadian Payroll - and it does not, in the US version.

JDE Canada (Toronto office) suggested we take our case to Denver, and we did that, and Denver has sent us back to Toronto, asking for a relevant number of Canadian customers to justify the code change costs - See SAR 6220320, and my post "Common Paymaster for Canada" on the Applications Forum.

Good luck,

Back