Package not building

Maestro19

Maestro19

[cool] I am creating a new environment. However, the package build will not create the SPECS during the build. I am currently using a Fat Client workstation to build a package. The F9861 OL table has 29,193 records for the new environment. Logs attached. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 52808-BuildError.txt
    948 bytes · Views: 61
Hi Maesto,
A few things to check:
1) Can OneWorld find Visual C++ to do the build? Test it this way:
- Open a command prompt
- type "nmake"
you should get this message:
"Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

NMAKE : fatal error U1064: MAKEFILE not found and no target specified
Stop."
If you get this message:
"nmake" no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo,
programa o archivo por lotes ejecutable.
oops, if you get a message that the program "nmake" can't be found, then you need to set environment variables so Visual C++ is visible to OneWorld. Do this by looking in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\vcvars32.bat and copying this information to the environment variables on your build machine *AND* on the enterprise server.

2) Assemble the package from the environment you are building for (that is, if the package is for PD7333, assemble signed in to PD7333). If you build from the deployment server, build from the environment DEP7333. If you do it from the environment you are building for, you'll get problems since the Deployment Server will have some files you are trying to replace locked since it is using them. If you build from another workstation, build from the environment you are building for.

Try those out-- I chased the first problem for a month once. Hope this helps.

Your logs indicate that you don't even get the first TAM file built.

For your new environment, are you using an existing set of Central Objects from an already existing environment, or are you creating a new set of Central Objects for this new environment?

If your new environment has new C.O.'s, then it appears you either haven't populated the Central Object tables properly, or you don't have the appropriate OneWorld / ODBC / OCI data sources set up so you can access those Central Object tables.

Check the following...

1. The database where you house the new C.O.'s should have a number of tables that begin with F987*. Each table should have records in it. Verify this is the case. The counts of records in each table can be compared with the same tables for existing OneWorld environments to ensure they are properly populated. (they probably will not be exactly the same, but should be close...)

2. On the FAT client where you are building the package, make sure have a OneWorld datasource and an ODBC / OCI datasource to connect to the Central Objects datasource for your new environment.

First it better to build your full package from Deployment environment. (DEP7333)

Secondly, what step you did to create the new environement.
some time it could be just the autorisation on the database, I mean the user who s building the package does nt has autorisation to access to the central object table..

if you send me the step, i will foir sure help you because i did theses step like 10 times.

Please do the following:

re-run your package build.
attach the jde.log to your jdelist post.
(the jde.log usually sheds a great deal of light on these types of problems)

Back