How to change JDE's Passwords?

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
How to change JDE\'s Passwords?

(OneWorld Xe, Update 6, SP19.1, Oracle 8.1.7, DS/ES: Windows 2000)

Summary: What steps do you take to change the JDE user's passwords?

We have a tiny installation of OneWorld Xe in our office for testing, and our IT guy finally got tired of all the consultants entering the system as JDE. He asked me to change the password for JDE in :
1) OneWorld
2) Oracle
3) Windows

Here's what I did ("FOOBAR" is not really what I changed the password to):
1) I signed on as CNCADMIN in the PD7333 environment on a normal fat client.
2) I changed JDE's OneWorld password in "Administrative Password Revisions" (P98OWSEC|ZJDE0001) to FOOBAR.
3) I changed JDE's Oracle password from SQL*Plus:
alter user JDE identified by FOOBAR;
4) I changed JDE's System Password in "User Security" to FOOBAR.
5) On the domain, I changed JDE's Windows domain password to FOOBAR.
6) On the enterprise server, I changed the JDE.INI file in these sections:

[NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS]
QUser=JDE
QPassword=FOOBAR

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
Default User=JDE
Default Pwd=FOOBAR

[SECURITY]
SecurityServer=ENTERPRISE_SERVER
User=JDE
Password=FOOBAR

7) On the Enterprise Server, I changed the JDE Net and Queue services to start-up using JDE@OURDOMAIN with FOOBAR as the password.

I shutdown and restarted the Net and Queue services. No one could log in now. I tried doing a PORTTEST JDE FOOBAR PD7333 and I got the following Log:

3840/4116 Mon Apr 07 11:48:37 2003 IPCPUB2783
process 3840 <porttest> registered in entry 0

3840/4116 Mon Apr 07 11:48:39 2003 NETQUEUE135
putExternalQueue (net) failed for msg id 1.

3840/4116 Mon Apr 07 11:48:39 2003 jdeksec3375
KNT0000305 - JDENET Error = JDENET eIPCErr: eIPCNotFound

3840/4116 Mon Apr 07 11:48:39 2003 NETQUEUE135
putExternalQueue (net) failed for msg id 2.

3840/4116 Mon Apr 07 11:48:39 2003 jdeksec3375
KNT0000305 - JDENET Error = JDENET eIPCErr: eIPCNotFound

3840/4116 Mon Apr 07 11:48:39 2003 jdeksec768
SEC0000002 - Unable to connect to security server SERVIDOR
Running OneWorld with user's signon and password
This may or may not work depending on the databases' security.

3840/4116 Mon Apr 07 11:48:39 2003 JDB_CTL2855
JDB1100015 - Failed to complete Security check

3840/4116 Mon Apr 07 11:48:39 2003 IPCPUB3041
process 3840 unregistered in entry 0

After this, I changed the JDE.INI on the Enterprise Server and on the workstation trying to connect so there was no Security Server specified. Now the user can log in, and the same PORTTEST commadn is succesful. However, this obviously is not an acceptable situation-- we want our security server! What must I have missed?

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to change JDE\'s Passwords?

Tim,

I've attached 2 documents to indicate where and how you change all the passwords in OneWorld. Before you begin take 3 workstations and sign into OneWorld on each one of them. Keep these as a back door into the system incase you 'FUBAR' the password change. The PDF doc goes over the simple password change and the EXCEL doc is a password traking sheet that lists all the %$#@ passwords and where you need to change them in OneWorld.

Attachments

• 52771-Passwords.zip
    86.9 KB · Views: 122

Hi Tim
It seems that your Enterprise server is Windows 2000. Check whether your JDE services on Enterprise server are running under JDE windows NT account or not. If yes then you also need to change the JDE password for these services and then restart the JDE services
Also it is good practice to change all JDE(JDEdwards, database and Windows NT) passwords at the same time, But not mendatory( You can have different passwords if you like).

Thanks for your answer Vivek. You're right, I am running W2K on the Enterprise Server.

One of the first things I found when the system failed was that I had not changed the password in Windows for the services. However, changing this password for the services and restarting the services didn't fix the problem. I even uninstalled the services and reinstalled them, and made sure I put the correct user and password as the service startup user, but to no avail.

I agree that all the users and passwords (OneWorld, Windows, Oracle) should be the same to make my life easier.

I was going to realign the nasal daemons, but I guess I'll have a look at Colin's documents instead to see if that helps.

Thanks again.

Dear Colin,
Thank for the documents. This looks like it will help me find the problem. I reviewed the procedure I used and found that I have at least two discrepancies-- 1) the user name and password for BSFN BUILDER. These fields are not in the JDE.INI by default, and 2) I did not stop the JDE services on the enterprise server before changing the passwords. I changed them *then* stopped the services. This sounds like it could be a problem.

When I get back to our office, I'll go over your documents and see if I can't find the problem. Thanks again.

Back