SO Performance issues with over 500 line items

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Does anyone know anything regarding the performance issues with JDE processing sales order with more than 500 lines. We were told that there could be major issues, we have heard form some other clients that it is an issue however JDE is not confirming or disagreeing on the situation.

We are wanting to know if beefing up the server will resolve this issues or of it something that is built into the so functions that is causing the issue and if B9 will be a solution. Also we are questiong the inability to add more than a 1000 lines per we are aware that athere are some workarounds but the performance is still an issue and the workarounds are not perfect either.

Cleo,

it would be helpful to provide some more information about the SOs. Are you intending to use advanced pricing ?

Interesting cleolai. Not many customers have Sales Orders approaching that many lines - but I have tested with as many lines and I do know of one company that regularly had orders with 400 lines or so.

What you are asking here is a little tough to answer in just a post - I'll be honest and state that you probably want someone to look at the system on a professional level to see if they can help tune the environment. There could be many reasons why the sales orders are taking so long, and there could be many different solutions.

Cleola,
What is the business need for a sales order with that many lines ?Can't you break them up into multiple orders ?
P4210 is a huge program that is not efficient in general, even with a smaller amount of line items.
Regards,
Dave

Well because of the nature of our business it is not uncommon to have this many lines per order. We are also calculating freight on a line item level and is applying credits the same way so the issues actually compounds itself. If we were using JDE as the entry point to place orders it would be easier to break the order up however the orders are being generated by Siebel and is being batched processed in JDE, so that makes it even more complicated.

Cleola,

Since SOE generate huge cache it might make a lot of ‘Page Fault’ delays, it would be interested to see speed using work files instead of cache. Also, are you running batch as subsystem? That would save 100+ file openings per order.

Hope this helps,

Bojan.

Back