Package Build for Custom Environmenmt with Custom DD

aimeeb

Hi all,

I have a custom environment "RBDV7334" with its own pathcode and databases. The environment also has its own data dictionary "RBDD7334".

The environment was recently updated with some custom development work via Product Packaging. The merge of the Data Dictionary Item, Control Table Items, and object specs appeared to be completely successful.

However when I went to do a full client & server build for this RBDV7334 pathcode all my NER business functions failed to build. Also in the logs it appeared not to find any of the custom DD items despite them being in the tables for the "RBDD7334" data dictionary. This also caused problems for the data structure specs in the server build. All other objects (Apps, UBE's, C BSFN's etc) appeared to be built OK.I built this package on the Deployment server in the DEP7334 environment with the DD tables mapped to the "RBDD7334" data source.

I then tried to build another full package on a fat client in the custom "RBDV7334" environment on the assumption that the correct mappings exist and I have been able to look up the custom DD items, and check out some custom objects and run them in this environment. However the build failed in the same places.

All of the objects in the build have come from a developemt system where the custom data items are in the standard JDE DD, and have all been built successfully.

It appears to me that something is causing the build to override mappings and use the standard DD instead of the custom one.

Has any one else come across this problem, or is able to provide any assistance at all? This would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob Boden
United Kingdom.

OneWorld ERP8
Intel sever with Win2000
SQL database[mad]

Hi Rob

I had the similar issue like yours about three weeks back. In my case it was the OCM mappings for the Data Dictionary. These were still poiting to my normal DD.

I have to add the new mappings for the Custom DD in both System and LOCAL data sources. After this there were no errors in my package build.

Make sure that these mapping are active as these are not active by default if you add the new mappings.

Good Luck

Aimeeb,

If there are changes made to standard JDE DD, this can happan. As NER generation in package build is based on local DD (in Planner path code if you use DEP7334). Local DD may not be able to refresh with changes made to existing Data Items. What you can do is to rebuild a FULL DD TAM on a Fat Client that can access the Custom DD "RBDD7334", and then move the FULL DD TAM to Planner path code on deployment server, and try rebuilding full package again.

Back