User ID Corruption?

Kmcnally

[crazy]

Can a JDE user ID be corrupte? Let me explain. I have a user who is the only one not able to perform an approve function in a citrix environment. As soon as she click or select the item she wishes to approve it boots her out. After servel test using a test ID I was unable to re-create the issue, except with hers. So I deleted and recreated the id. Still this did not solve the issue. Just now created a new user IID XXX2 and everything now works. Has anyone else experience this issue? If users ID can corrupte, then how to a delete tem for good?

Kimberly

Hello

It could be user overrides, you may want to delete hers and give it a try.

Delete the user's overrides and see if that fixes it... I had a user with
a similar problem that turned out to be related to his overrides.

--Scotti Whitmire
DeRoyal Industries
Xe U2/U6 SP19.1, AIX 4.3.3, Oracle 8.1.6.3

Hi Kimberly

No user ID can not be corrupted. I had the same problem. It happened to be that user had special User Security that cause the problem. By the way, when you delete a user, User Security does not get deleted.

It can also be NT security causing the Problem. To pin point the problem:

Logon to Citrix using an admin user. Then logon to OneWorld using the user ID that approvals are not working. If he/she is about to do approvals, then the problem is NT related. If he/she is still is unable to do approvals, then it is Oneworld related. Then turn on OneWorld logging to find the problem.

Kimberly,

I have seen this happened before on Citrix with user grid formats becoming corrupted. Delete all her grids if she has any. Is that the only area she is having issues or an it be replicated in another application.

I had this problem once and it turned out that someone had changed how the
object was used in OCM and the user id. Changed the OCM setting and the
user id worked correctly with the object.

Kimberly,

I remember us having "strange" happenings that were corrected by deleting the user's profile from the Citrix servers and allowing it to recreate the next time they log in. This was before we set up roaming profiles for Citrix. Now that all users have a roaming profile that loads up from a central location at each login and deletes off the Citrix servers at log out, we haven't been experiencing the "glitches" of the past. The also makes managing Citrix user profiles much simpler since we don't have to check all load balanced servers for an offending profile.

Hope this helps.

We recently had strange behavior related to user IDs. All the users in one user group could not use a particular application.

It turns out that the users in this group had a different Database System user ID and password. We set it to be the same as veryone else. The problem went away.

Something else to consider. Hope that helps.

We have had similar issues that deleting the users 'Overrides' seemed to resolve the problem. Then again we have had one user that had to be created as USERID2 in order to resolve the problem. Everything else was identical but the old id issue was never resolved.

Darrell Allison
Systems Programmer
AS/400 V4R5 9406-730 8-Way / OneWorld B7332 SP11.3

We had a similar issue some time back. It was related to our system user id. Users couldn't sign on to OneWorld due to ' Seecurity server not found' error. Problem disappered only after we change the system id in user profiles with a different user id. How ever we still couldn't relove the issue with that particular user id. As far as AS400 is concern, both id s are identical. In fact new Id was a copy of the other.

Sathu

Back