No of logged JDE users on OW Xe

vijayendra

Hi,

How do we know the number of active users currently logged on to JDE OneWorld Xe at any given point of time?

We are having AS/400 as our ES, OW Xe with SP20K. Majority of users logs in thru Citrix Client.

Hello,
I believe it was discussed a lot. You can check archives.

I use an Oracle SQL statement like SELECT * FROM V$SESSION; It will give me
the machine and user names
It must be something for AS/400 either.

Regards, Alex Shevchenko

XE SP18 Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris production
XE SP18 Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris test

I asked this question once. SULLY1 gave me the answer:
"The table F00960 shows the last time a machine was logged on and who the user was. It won't tell you if they are still logged on but it is a useful tool. I added P00960 to my GH9083 menu."

I did this because I couldn't get the Server Administration Workbench (SAW) working (it seems to work now, though!). If you can use the SAW, there is a section called "View Users" that will tell you who is logged on.

Hope that helps.

If majority of users are through Citrix - go into the Citrix Administration program, click on the Farm name - "connect to all servers in farm" and manually count the # of concurrent users running process "oexplore.exe"

I am positive theres probably some way to grab this information out of Citrix through a simple executable....

If the majority of users are connecting via web client, you can go to http://JASSERVER/jde/saw. The main page will tell you how many are connected. There's also a drop down box that tells you the user, environment, etc. I don't know if this works if you are using the Redirector.

Thanks Timallen,

The input is very useful. If we write a trigger on the table, probably we collect the information on who are all users who logged during the day. That way we can check who are using the system and who are namesake users. I agree we may not get when the user logged out, still we can get the logged users for the day

Thanks & Regards

Vijayendra

I forgot to ask you one thing. Is there any way to use function or api which Interactive SAW uses to collect user Info from command prompt(or outside JDE)?

-Vijayendra

Back